J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $1.1 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMorgan, Chase and Bank One brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity and diversity are among our core principles, then explore the opportunities at JPMorgan Chase. Further information about careers at JPMorgan Chase can be found on our website: www.jpmorganchase.com
JOB TITLE: Vice President
DEPARTMENT: Fund Accounting
The Fund Accounting team is responsible for timely and accurate delivery of NAV for Clients who have outsourced their Fund Accounting to JPM. This role involves understanding and executing end to end activities that comprises of daily NAV calculation and eod Client reporting.
Major Responsibilities would include
· Rendering accurate and timely accounting statements in compliance with customer expectations and departmental standards
· Reviewing transactions on a daily basis to ensure conformity to established policies and procedures
· Monitoring cash and asset variances between the core systems and the accounting system on a daily basis and resolving discrepancies
· Monitoring income activity and ensuring that all overdue items are resolved
· Communicating with service partners to ensure the timely resolution of all inquiries both internally and externally
· Performing "buddy reviews" for other accountants prior to rendering final portfolio valuations
· Assisting with systems testing for any new releases or enhancements and maintaining a system of filing and account profiles to facilitate continuity at all times
· Participating in various projects as assigned
· Reviewing and controlling of the daily operation, ensuring adherence to procedures and controls and providing necessary data to senior management and clients
· Supervising a team of 100+ fund accountants including senior fund accountants and support positions including assigning responsibilities and ensuring an efficient work environment
· Reviewing NAVs and yields prior to release
· Reviewing key areas of daily operations in order to ensure accuracy and compliance with procedures and controls
· Reviewing all monthly reconciliation packages
· Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of fund records
· Ensuring the completeness and timeliness of reporting to clients, outside parties, and other internal departments
· Reviewing accounting related issues included in new fund set up, monitoring key indicators of fund status (past due income, cash balances, corporate actions, etc.) and taking prompt action to correct problems as required
· Communicating all department information to the team through regular scheduled meetings and cascading the broader organizational goals to the team, ensuring that these are understood and embraced and are part of individual and team objectives
· Representing Fund accounting with key stakeholders including fund management, the custodian, the transfer agent and all other related parties
· Interviewing, hiring and coordinating the training of new employees
· Coaching and developing staff including formal objective setting, performance reviews and providing
· Minimum 10-15 years of Mutual/Pension/Hedge Fund and accounting experience
· Strong technical skills including accounting principles and theories
· MBA/CA/ICWA preferred
· Exceptional leadership and staff development skills with prior team management experience
· Proven ability to drive and deliver efficiencies through re-engineering and process improvements ensuring optimal productivity
· Ability to initiate and drive change
· Project and program management with a demonstrated track record of project delivery
· Proven ability to establish and review key metrics to measure workflow capacity, system efficiency and effectiveness of controls and serve as an escalation point
· Control focus with a thorough understanding of operational risk
· Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships both internally and with external clients
· Ability to anticipate issues and aggressively drive initiatives to achieve results
· Detailed knowledge of business processes and procedures as well as service and systems (including downstream impacts)
· Proven ability to operate effectively in a matrix organization with the ability to work under pressure and to tight timeframes
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.