J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
Consumer & Community Banking Treasury – Controller Team
The candidate will be a member of the Consumer and Community Banking (CCB) Treasury Controller team. CCB serves nearly 66 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. It is made up of various lines of business: Consumer Banking, Business Banking, Chase Wealth Management, Card Services, Merchant Services, Auto Finance & Student Loans, and Mortgage Banking.
The Controller team within CCB Treasury is responsible for the delivery of Capital, Liquidity, Interest Rate Risk, and Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) data and reporting to various stakeholders within the Firm, including Capital Planning & Analysis, Regulatory Capital Management Office, Corporate Capital Stress Testing, Corporate Treasury, and CCB CFOs and Controllers. The Treasury group interacts with and provides business support across the CCB sub lines of business as well.
The ideal candidate will help support Capital and RWA pillar of the Treasury team in all aspects of reporting related to the CCB organization. The team member will use Excel and PowerPoint in conjunction with the Firm’s financial tools to create meaningful reports and analysis.
Responsibilities will include:
- Annual CCAR/ICAAP/Risk Appetite stress testing submissions for CCB, including full end to end processing and analysis, PMO coordination, responding to Corporate requests, QC and QA process
- Annual Budget forecast reporting process, fulfilling Corporate deliverables and partnering with LOB teams
- Responsible for completing various control checks, reconciliations, and variance analysis for all deliverables
- Preparation and presentation of insightful, high quality analytics to Senior Management
- Partner with the BAU and Implementation teams during month end close to ensure Corporate and senior management deliverables are met
- Support ad hoc requests from the LOB and Senior Management
- Identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives through projects and process improvements
The position involves interaction with many teams across CCB and Firmwide. The ability to work efficiently and communicate effectively across these boundaries will be one of the keys to success.
- Bachelors degree in Finance or a related field required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel & PowerPoint in particular) required (i.e. use of pivot tables, macros, PitchPro, etc) preferred
- Knowledge of retail banking and products a plus
- Knowledge of Essbase would be an added advantage
- Self starter with strong initiative, ability to take ownership and work independently as well as contribute to the broader team
- Excellent communication and partnering skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with various members of the team on competing priorities
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Control/efficiency mindset and drive to challenge and change
- Demonstrate leadership and organizational capabilities
- Ability to research issues/problems and provide a 'solution-based' approach
- Adaptable to change and ambiguity in the work environment
- Willingness to work in EMEA shift (2PM – 11PM India time) which may extend on critical business days