Associate I - Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries - South Group - Houston, TX
Req #: 170119325
Job Category: Relationship Management/Sales
The South Banking Group is part of Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries within the Commercial Bank at J.P. Morgan and is responsible for managing relationships with public and private companies with revenues in excess of $500 million. This group provides traditional corporate banking products as well as investment banking products to its clients. Business partners of the group include product specialists from Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets, M&A, Treasury Services, Corporate Derivatives and Private Banking.
The South Banking Group focuses on companies located in the Southern U.S. across Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Kansas, and Nebraska.
The Associate position is primarily geared towards providing leadership to deal teams, accountability for pitch book and marketing material preparation, and leading transaction execution. The position is also responsible for ensuring coordination among analysts, senior deal team members, and credit underwriting. As a member of the team, the position plays an integral part in helping to gain, manage and maintain client relationships in the South region.
The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of Corporate Banking or Investment Banking experience with a strong corporate finance background. The ideal candidate will also have the ability to assess credit transactions, including risk analysis, structuring and documentation. The final level of the position will be determined at the time of an offer.
- Ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of Corporate Banking or Investment Banking experience with a strong corporate finance / credit background
- Candidate that has attended a Commercial or Investment Banking Analyst Training Program preferred
- Collaborate with credit underwriting team on analysis, structuring and documentation of credit requests; must have strong credit, analytical, and modeling skills
- Knowledge of Investment Banking products and preferably execution experience. Position will provide support around capital structure analysis concentrating on syndicated leveraged finance transactions, interest rate and currency hedging, high grade and high yield bonds, and asset backed securities
- Work with Relationship Managers to help generate new revenue opportunities either from prospects or existing clients
- Excellent problem solving skill, as well as written and oral communication skills
- The ability to be a highly motivated, productive team player. Partnership skills are essential as work will often overlap with industry partners, product partners and investment banking teams
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and proactive