J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
The candidate will be member of the Consumer and Community Banking P&A finance team. The team serves as a planning and analytical resource to help executives manage, forecast, plan and gain insight into the financial profitability of the business. Responsibilities include preparation of annual operational budgets, forecasts and business plans. consolidation of P&L at the CCB levels, preparation of dashboards and executive management reports, preparation of monthly earnings estimates and earnings variance explanations; providing timely and accurate information and analysis to support management decision making; tracking and reporting performance against financial and non financial metrics; verifying the accuracy and adherence to company policy of all expense related line items; creating templates, models and schedules to be utilized for forecast/budget submissions and preparation of management reports; facilitating departmental expense planning/forecasting activities by providing historical financial trend data, operating results and analytical support; maintaining/populating a database of financial information to be used for analyzing new volume metrics, portfolio metrics, operating costs and performance metrics; acting as a financial liaison between the functional areas and the CFO organization; and preparing presentations for review with management.
Ideal candidate will help support the CCB P&A finance team in all aspects of Management Reporting related to the CCB organization. The team member will use Excel and PowerPoint in conjunction with JPMorgan's financial tools to create meaningful reports and analysis.
Role and Responsibilities
- identify shareholder value accretive business opportunities
- monitor key leading indicators of CCB performance and scenario plan for potential outcomes
- simplify and automate finance reporting and processes
- support infrastructure improvements to the CCB data environment
- analyze core business drivers to create transparency into current and future performance for senior leadership
This is a great opportunity to learn about and contribute to all of the unique businesses across CCB
- Bachelor’s or Post graduate degree in Accounting &
Finance, or Business with 10+ years relevant experience in banking
operations or Finance
- Experience in Quality/LEAN/Sig Sigma/BPMS/Project Management
- Six Sigma certification/Green Belt/Black Belt
Good accounting and finance skills along with the ability to
- Ability to understand / comprehend data flows and its
impacts across the ledger
- PC proficiency with good MS Office Suite skills ( especially
Excel, Power point, MS projects)
- Proficient in drawing process maps, writing report &
- Customer centric and result oriented
- Passion – Self motivated and positive personality
- Change leadership
- Strong communication, inter personal and relationship
- Business Acumen – ability to display linkage between
projects and desired business result
- Strong analytical / problem solving / critical thinking
skills & exposure to finance functions highly preferable
- Team Player - ability to work with various cross-functional
and cross -location teams
- Project management & prioritization skills - ability to
work through change
- Adherence to deadlines by managing key project milestones
and deliverables as part of the project plan
- Ability to understand and develop solutions based on
- Flexibility to work extended hours or based on business
- Ability to Multi task