Product Development – PMO Project Manager – Vice President – Mumbai
About J.P. Morgan & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (C&IB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Custody and Fund Services
Custody and Fund Services, is a global industry leader with $18 trillion in assets under custody. J.P. Morgan provides innovative custody, fund accounting and administration and securities services to the world’s largest institutional investors, alternative asset managers and debt and equity issuers. J.P. Morgan’s Custody and Fund Services business is comprised of Custody, Accounting, Transfer Agency, Middle Office outsourcing, Foreign Exchange, and other activities related to servicing assets for traditional and alternative funds; it leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 100 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateral management and alternative investment services.
This role is responsible for working on a large multi disciplinary program that will deliver system development, operating model changes and onboarding activity across the C&FS business units. The Program Delivery Team is centered in Brooklyn, with satellites in Boston, Dallas, London, Dublin and India organized into workstream delivery teams, each with a distinct and vital role in delivering the program.
This position is for an experienced Project Manager to work in the CFS Product Development Group delivery team. The PMO Project Manager will work on high-priority program activity as directed by the Lead Program Manager who controls the Program Management Office. This will focus on delivering a large multi-year and multi-workstream program. The program will be delivered through a series of milestones across operating model and technology changes alongside a large client onboarding. The Lead Program Manager will control the PMO. The PMO Project Manager VP will work to the Deputy Lead Program Manager and assist in the planning, tracking, reporting and enabling the delivery of the program:
- Generation and maintenance of program documentation covering governance, stakeholder management, plans, actions and RAID Logs.
- Assist in the running of program governance forums including the Working Group, issue resolution meetings and other add-hoc meetings as required.
- Generation of program reporting and communications.
1) Management of the SharePoint 2013 hosted Program Plans and RAID, Build and Actions lists.
2) Capture of meeting minutes and follow up on actions to ensure completion.
3) Preparation of meetings agendas and supporting PowerPoint decks.
4) Generating program and workstream reporting.
5) Managing the capture and reporting of standardized program metrics.
6) Managing assigned issues to successful completion.
7) Managing the mitigation of assigned program risks.
8) Maintenance of Program access lists.
9) Other assigned program related tasks.
- Project Manager with experience of working in a Program Management Office.
- Program leadership skills in someone who can work collaboratively with stakeholders whilst ensuring the team is held to account for individual and collective delivery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Motivated self-starter who networks effectively and is tenacious in achieving results.
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships both internally and with external clients.
- Analytical skills, problem solving, good critical thinking and decision-making skills based upon fact and business/industry knowledge.
- Strong time management skills, with an ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Well organized and with attention to detail in generating and maintaining detailed program documentation.
- Experience working across multiple business areas and/or functions to deliver results.
- Willingness to work in a Global delivery team with meetings scheduled to cater for WHEM and EMEA audiences requiring a willingness to support flexible working days.
- Ideally holds a PM certification from a recognized internal or external body demonstrating a commitment to maintaining recognized PM standards.
- Knowledge of the products in C&FS is an advantage.