JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
We are seeking a passionate result-oriented technologist to drive better, faster, simpler solutions and technology direction. Someone that is highly motivated, hands-on and cross-functional with the capability of driving high quality solutions to difficult problems.
As a Technical Business Analyst you will analyze business requirements and review/produce documented and approved specifications for any new / changes to technology applications; work with the Quality and Software engineering team members to ensure that they understand the specifications to deliver a quality product to the business and generate applicable scenarios for the technology functionality testing team. You will analyze the impact of proposed solutions holistically, develop use cases to explain/demonstrate business requirements/specifications to IT team, and contribute a business or process perspective during design reviews. You will be responsible for delivering various project related artifacts throughout the Software Development Lifecycle. You will assist the Quality Management Team to ensure that documented requirements and corresponding use cases / process flows can be easily translated into test plans and test cases, and ensure that the testing process covers all identified scenarios and use cases. You will triage defects and bugs related to assigned projects in a timely manner considering project timelines. You will facilitate implementation of new functionality into production and help triage any issues.
• Analyzes business requirements to understand the business needs and to determine how systems and applications can best functionally fulfill those needs
• Combines knowledge of what the business wants with knowledge of how the systems are built and used to create a functional design and write user stories for a given application
• Serve as the primary liaison between the Business/Product, Architecture, Development and Testing resources throughout the project life cycle
• Schedule and lead requirements /JAD sessions with stakeholders; gather testable system requirements and translate them into use cases in Functional Specification Documents and user stories
• Conducts in-depth research to determine if solutions to business requirements currently exist within or outside the business unit, and if not, whether new effective solutions are feasible
• Analyzes impact of proposed solution to develop use cases to demonstrate the business requirements to the IT (Information Technology) Team and Quality Assurance Team
• Work closely with the Integration System Test team to ensure all identified scenarios are properly tested and defects are resolved and a quality end user product is delivered
• Bachelor’s degree with 4 to 6 years of real-time Business Systems Analyst work experience on enterprise-wide projects.
• Experience in understanding business modeling concepts and business application development.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to write clear and concise functional and technical specifications and detailed user stories.
• Excellent analytical skills with ability to analyze complex system requirements and present findings to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong ability to multi-task effectively, working on several projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrated professional work experience in hands on Software Engineer and/or Application Development role.
• Experience in Agile SDLC.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools like MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
• Good communication, influencing skills to drive a technical solution, ability to work with global stake holders.
• Experience implementing quality guidelines, standards and procedures
• Highly Organized, detail-oriented, hands-on, motivated self-starter who can work independently and may need to manage a small team of junior technology resources, as applicable.
Nice to have:
• Knowledge / experience using JIRA and Blueprint
• Good understanding of the defect management and resolution process using defect management tools
• Ability to easily assimilate information and learn new applications and processes
• Strong hands-on knowledge of various ERP business applications, business processes, and system processes
• Experience in financial / banking industry
• Experience in cyber security
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.