We are seeking a passionate result-oriented technologist to drive better, faster, simpler solutions and technology direction. Someone that is highly motivated, hands-on and cross-functional with the capability of driving high quality solutions to difficult problems.
As an Applications Development Manager, you will work with business and IT leadership to understand IT business strategy and their implication to application(s) under responsibility. You will be accountable to Business and Technology Management for end to end application scoping, planning, development, implementation and post-implementation maintenance and support. You will prioritize and manage development and implementation of enhancements/changes; oversee installations and Release Management including the final production acceptance review and signoff; manage the issue resolution process for any application production problems; and oversee Operations Monitoring and Capacity Management. You will also oversee formal performance testing process; help manage the relationship with internal and external services vendors to ensure superior service delivery for all application core technologies; work with Application Developers and Business Managers to define and monitor Service Level Agreement's and negotiate appropriate support commitments for existing products; and interact with the Demand Management team and client users to understand and prioritize demand and suggest enhancements. You will oversee activities of oversee activities of junior team members, as applicable, and provide individuals with constructive feedback as it pertains to team performance; coach staff in technical matters and delivering on other job-related responsibilities; conduct performance reviews, appraisals and personal development planning with each team member; and promote effective teamwork and resolve interpersonal issues. Additionally, you will manage business baseline technology budget for application-related activities, approve ad hoc, non-application-related spending and seek ways to reduce baseline application-related costs.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Candidate will be responsible for the full delivery (designing, developing, coding, testing, debugging and documenting) of applications to satisfy business requirements.
- Single Point of Responsibility for the overall technical integrity of our team's delivery.
- Manage analysis and estimation of future work impacting our team.
- Partner with Architects on the design and architecture for our team's deliverables.
- Be an active Leader and contributor to the team’s delivery.
- Take the lead on solving and implementing difficult technology challenges and drive our team to successful delivery.
- Ensure development quality is being tracked and improved using techniques like Unit Testing and Peer Review.
- Cultivate and introduce (where appropriate) Agile engineering practices including: Pair Programming, Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development.
- Strengthen the presence of our team as a Technical center of excellence.
- Actively work with other leads to align to a consistent technology vision and keep the rest of the organization aware of our activities.
- Mentor team members to progress their technical and professional skills.
- Strong understanding of J2EE server side technologies: XML, JMS, JAX-WS, CXF
- Strong understanding of OOP & SOA principles, design patterns, industry best practices
- Strong experience with Spring Framework
- Strong SQL skills and ability to understand complex data
- Experience with open source frameworks
- Experience with TDD, BDD, JUnit/PowerMockito (or other mocking framework), Cucumber
- Experience with IDEs such as RAD/Eclipse
- Experience building REST and SOAP web services using Java
- Experience with MQ
- Experience with SQL/Stored Procedures on DB2 or Oracle
- Technically the candidate needs to be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Knowledge of open source tools and utilities.
- Working knowledge of middleware services and its utilization.
- Experience in creating and consuming web services.(Web API/WCF)
- Experience with Tortoise SVN or similar source code versioning tools.
- Recognized External Certifications is a plus (Sun-Certified).
- B.S or M.S or equivalent College degree or specialized training / equivalent work experience with excellent academic background (Computer Science & related disciplines preferred)
- 10+ years of Application development on J2EE
- 8+ years of minimum experience in Java programming in an IBM WebSphere environment
- 5+ years of leading a team of 5+ developers
- 4+ years of working experience as part of Agile Scrum teams
- Hands on technician currently playing development roles with thorough knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
- Solid understanding and proven working experience on J2EE based middleware applications
- Well-versed in testing techniques and be able to produce comprehensive tests for all developed code
- Support and participate in system and integrated testing across sub-systems as the need arises
- Experience with tuning high volume applications, mission-critical applications
- Experience in producing solid documentation both inside code and external design specifications
- Agile Experience (at least SCRUM) will be desirable
- Finance/Banking Domain experience
- Highly Organized, detail-oriented, hands-on, motivated self-starter who can work independently and may need to manage a small team of junior technology resources
- Good communication, influencing skills to drive a technical solution, ability to work with global stake holders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and time management skills, strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong project management and team management skills e.g. planning, budgetary control, people management etc.
- Experience implementing quality guidelines, standards and procedures
- Experience implementing and enforcing secure coding best practices
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
(c) JPMorgan Chase & Co JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.