Technology fuels almost every aspect of our company, and is at the heart of everything we do to enable our customers, clients and employees. With over 40,000 technologists in more than 60 countries globally, we strive to deliver client and stakeholder value through risk management, innovation, valuing standardization and enabling our employees. Our technologists span all lines of business and enterprise functions – Asset Management, CIB, Commercial Banking, CCB, Cybersecurity, Technology Controls, Engineering & Architecture, Global Technology Infrastructure, Intelligent Solutions, Corporate Technology, Strategy and Partnerships, and Strategic Programs & Business Management.
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO). CT teams are aligned with corporate partners' evolving technology needs and the firm's ever expanding technology controls agenda with a priority on building scalable corporate systems to in order to respond to the evolving regulatory environment for meeting the firm's regulatory commitments, drive innovation across the firm's corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation and Agile application development, investing in security & controls for cyber, data protection and application resiliency and adopting leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions.
Our team’s focus is on providing a metadata repository solution supporting business and technical metadata requirements for the application portfolio of the Information Architecture Regulatory Program. The team is new and highly motivated. This position provides an opportunity to use and deploy a range of Metadata, Data Management, Data Quality and Data Lineage technologies, to take on a challenging role that is critical to our Financial Regulatory environment.
· Working side by side with Risk & Finance development teams, develop data models using Topbraid Composer, Erwin or MagicDraw.
· Develop ontologies using RDF/OWL.
· Build the firm’s business metadata repository in partnership with the Chief Data Office.
· Partner with the Global Technology Information Architecture team to design and build the firm’s technical metadata repository.
· Document the technical metadata landscape for RFT, including traceability & lineage, using the GTIA platform, Ab Initio, and other tools.
· Participate in the firmwide Information Architecture (IA) working group.
· Working in close partnership with the Chief Data Office, perform the IA function in support of DataBook initiatives.
Technical Skillset Required
· Required experience on metadata modelling and metadata generation using OWL, RDF, SPARQL, UML (experience with SHACL or SPIN rules is preferable).
· Experience with Topbraid or Protégé semantic modelling tools.
· Experience in Knowledge engineering, Knowledge Representation and Ontologies/Inferencing
· Semantic or Linked Data background.
· Experience with database technologies, especially triple stores and graph databases (experience with relational databases is a nice to have).
· Bachelor’s or advanced degree from computer science
· 3-5 years of IT/Computer Science experience or relevant research experience working with modelling and handling large and different types of data sets.
· Corporate, Investment Banking and /or Retail banking, Metadata process & technology as well as a background on data management and data quality.
· Strong oral and written communications skills.
· Technical depth & ability to rapidly understand and communicate impact of solutions & technology.
· This role is intended to deliver a balanced combination of Data Management and Metadata Design skills as part of a highly technical team.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.