JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. JPMorgan Chase & Co.is committed to providing a comprehensive set of benefits choices to meet different employee needs and lifestyles, which include choices such as Flexible Work Arrangements with periodic work from home and non-standard business hours, fully paid parental leave time, health care insurance and retirement benefits.
Commercial Banking serves more than 30,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. The Firm's broad platform positions the Commercial Bank to deliver extensive product capabilities - lending, treasury services, investment banking, and asset management - to meet our clients' domestic and international financial needs.
KYC Operations is a firm-wide utility supporting all Lines of Business in the completion of requirements to satisfy the firm’s Know Your Customer (KYC) standards. We partner with Global Financial Crimes Compliance, all JPMorgan Lines of Business and their KYC Officers and Client Owners and other utilities such as Client List Screening and Client Reference Data Operations to support and maintain the integrity of our Client KYC information.
The KYC Operations Controls team is responsible for establishing and maintaining a centralized control framework for CAO Operations, including end-to-end execution of the Firmwide Risk and Control Self-Assessment process. The Controls team works in partnership with the KYC Operations and Lines of Business to identify, understand, and effectively manage the risks in our current activities, as well as in new business initiatives. The Controls team provides oversight and governance for the control environment within KYC Operations, including key business specific controls. The Controls team also assists in real time issue detection, escalation, root cause analysis, and ensuring remediation plans are appropriate. In addition, the team partners with all other control functions: Compliance, Technology, Risk, Audit and Legal.
Responsibility for controls oversight of KYC Solutions in Poland as part of the controls structure within the KYC Global Operating Model.
Ensure KYC Operations Controls programs are executed holistically and that critical handshakes between processes are identified and addressed completely
Accountable for the risk and control gap identification, mitigation and remediation by pro-actively driving operational control reviews and initiating enhancements across global processing locations.
Management of compliance reviews, internal and external audits and any issues arising through to conclusion.
- End to end responsibility and management of the RCSA assessments including capturing of risk and controls, issue and action plans and substantiation.
- Identify and escalate risk events including issue root cause analysis with follow up of preventive actions and process changes.
- Define and report on control metrics for the business and present control escalations at the appropriate Regional and Global Risk and Control Governance Committees.
- Engagement in strategic projects providing guidance to business regarding corporate policies, risk and control management. Opine on and influence changes in the operating model and supporting Technology.
- Collaboration with Internal Audit, CIB CAO OCMs, Business Control Officers, Risk teams and engage/lead in cross LOB Control and Oversight initiatives.
- Understand and comply with regional and regulatory requirements pertaining to KYC Operations when executing the testing of resiliency plans, SLAs, IAS charters, and system access management
- Conduct gap analyses between differing KYC Operations processes
- Effectively partner with KYC Operations stakeholders and firm subject matter experts so as to effectively understand firm standards, polices and regional regulatory requirements
- Operational Risk / Control Management experience, including program and strategy development.
- Excellent risk assessment skills, including risk identification and measurement, mitigation strategy development, regulatory management, policy and procedure development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to negotiate, compromise and demonstrate diplomacy in sensitive situations and to interact effectively with senior management
Proven ability to work in a matrixes environment, provide oversight, and directly influence change
Ability to collaborate with business and functional experts to provide risk assessment guidance, recognize risks and design enhancements
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, project management and process skills
Strong decision making, analytical and creative thinking skills
High level of professionalism, self-motivation and sense of urgency
Proven ability to build partnerships and collaborate with key stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and execute on multiple, simultaneous, complex priorities
- Experience building and executing Risk Control Self Assessment (RCSA) programs
- Control testing experience preferred
- Proven experience working well individually and in teams across geographical locations, sharing information, supporting colleagues and encouraging participation
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in a high-pressure working environment
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Visio)
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.