Electronic Trading Infrastructure
The Electronic Trading Network (ETI) group is responsible for the operational support of a high speed low latency network backbone. The ETI Network Operations team member will work in a team environment in developing and maturing the network support service through innovation and emerging technology. The role is highly technical and requires experience in low-latency network and application support.
The ETI Network Operations team member’s primary mission is to engage on break/fix issues affecting the firms Electronic Trade Network globally with a goal of rapid restoration of services. The ETI Network Operations team member will provide leadership and escalation support specific to the Electronic Trading space. The ETI Network Operations team member will have firsthand knowledge of the networks supporting E-Trading and proper use for run books that foster quicker response, escalation, and resolution targets.
As the ETI Network Operations team member, you will be responsible for the day to day operations of the in-region low latency trading estate, as well as being available to provide support extra-region estates on an escalation basis. In addition to day to day break fix duties you would work closely with engineering to deploy tactical as well as strategic solutions. A solid background in investment banking is essential, experience within low latency electronic trading would be highly desirable. You will have a thorough understanding of global trading environments as well market data delivery mechanisms. You will have the ability to lead trouble shooting to issue resolution/service restoration while working with internal application development teams, third party vendors and service providers. A solid background in trouble shooting at all levels is essential, from port/buffer flow tuning to deep level protocol analysis and latency analytics, as well as an excellent understanding of application level flows within trading environments.
· Provides leadership on critical high-impact, high-visibility issues.
· Manage escalation support for all aspects of the Electronic Trade Network environment.
· Implement, support and troubleshoot the network components of complex application environments.
· Respond to inquiries from business users, AD staff, ETI staff, internal administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors to provide technical assistance and support whenever necessary.
· Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
· Partners with other support teams for continuous Improvement on process, procedure and day to day operations, including but not exclusive to automation and documentation (reduce false/duplicate alerts, ensuring availability of runbooks).
· Works with Business Command Centers for swift actions on critical issues, with a goal of minimizing impact and reduced MTTR.
· Assist with eyes-on-glass monitoring for alerts specific to the Electronic Trading space.
· Monitor latency, bandwidth utilization, and the general condition of the WAN; reporting on problems to the Trading teams on a real-time basis
· Utilize run books that foster quicker response, escalation, and resolution targets.
· Utilize tools such as Smarts, Sniffers, NetCool, NASH, Concord, SevOne, and Splunk for improved network support.
· Support post incident restoral work through approved change windows.
· Work closely with the ETN and CIB Operate teams to drive and coordinate a planned repair/restore and provide email status of the work.
· Support a daily network SOD calls globally
· Interface with global exchanges, brokers and technology vendors on infrastructure products
· Perform a daily set of scripted reach-ability checks and tests across the network globally
· Partners with Vendors for escalations and improved incident resolution MTTR
· Maintain a thorough understanding of basic and advanced concepts in the fields of:
· Network routing protocols
· Network system architecture (processor, ASIC, port capabilities, packet forwarding, buffers, etc.)
· A good knowledge of PIM & IGMP
· IP packet analysis using Wire Shark
· Nexus OS
· Nexus 3K product range
· Latency monitoring (desirable)
· Trading flows (desirable)