EMEA Equities Product Control Role
The role will be within the EMEA Equities Product Control team supporting the Financing business.
The primary function is reporting the daily P&L & Risk to traders and senior management. In addition to the production of the daily
Risk & P&L, the role will include the Financial and Control elements, as well as working on projects within the Product Control
space. The role requires extensive interaction with FO traders, Financial Control and Operations, as well as exposure to
Market Risk and Project teams, and various other functions through out the bank.
The primary responsibilities of the Control team are:
- Substantiating and reporting by Greek ie Delta, Gamma, Vega. Mark To Theoretical (MTM) P&L on a daily basis,
adjusting price and position breaks where appropriate.
- Greek exposure reporting and P&L recs
- Substantiation of exceptions between Balance sheet / GL and Front Office systems.
- Month end FX trade in/out management
- Involvement in projects and process improvements specifically around P&L and risk reporting, product development and
- Provide accurate and timely equities portfolios market risk analysis
- Enhance reporting processes through self generated methods
- Work with Market Risk to ensure portfolio risk is correctly reflected in VaR
- Monitor exceptions in derivatives pricing and reflection of these in Greeks, stress scenario generation, and limits
- Generate and analyze VAR for various Equity Derivatives desks
- Generate risk reports and investigate risk reporting related queries
The role will require front to back view of control agenda and the candidate will have oversight of month-end reconciliations
performed by Financial Control hub, and production of month-end MIS reporting for senior management.
The specific experience necessary for this position is:
1. Equity Derivatives product knowledge
2. Good knowledge of Accounting, preferably within the Banking industry.
3. Proactive approach to problem solving and ability to identify and drive though change
4. Strong analytical skills and attention to detail including a strong control focus
5. Excellent communication skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
6. Intermediate Excel skills as a minimum
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.