JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
This position will be part of JPMorgan’s Global Anti-Corruption Compliance team, which is responsible for oversight of the firm’s Anti-Corruption Program, including program governance, policy development, risk assessment, third party oversight, training, monitoring, exam coordination and policy enforcement.
Responsibilities of the position include, at a minimum:
- Supporting the Program’s efforts with respect to several of the Compliance Practices, including, but not limited to: governance, policies and procedures, regulatory management, issue management, and subject matter expert support for risk assessment, monitoring, testing, and internal audit.
- Supporting the execution of reviews of various functions, policies, procedures and activities to identify control and/or process gaps, generating summary reports of such reviews, and making recommendations.
- Troubleshooting line of business inquiries regarding policy and legal/regulatory compliance.
- Interaction with Anti-Corruption Compliance staff, other control function personnel, and the employees and management in all lines of business.
The successful candidate should have experience in compliance or a related position, such as regulatory or audit. This position requires proven prioritization skills, critical thinking, and a willingness to tackle new and difficult challenges. The candidate must be detail-oriented and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Additional qualifications include, at a minimum:
- 2+ years experience in compliance or a related position (including legal, regulatory or audit)
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience required
- Strong prioritization skills and very detail-oriented
- Work independently and as a team member
- The ability to exercise initiative and develop creative solutions to complex problems
- The ability to exercise sound judgment and observe the highest degree of confidentiality in the handling of information received in the course of discharging responsibilities
- Anti-Corruption-related experience or an understanding of related regulatory concepts, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and UK Bribery Act, is a plus
- An understanding of the operations of a large institution and a working knowledge of the banking system are also preferable
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/Access/PowerPoint)