J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
We operate in more than 100 markets.
We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
This an excellent opportunity for an individual who thrive in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment where strong analytical skills, business acumen, and superior communication skills are leveraged to support our company's ability to understand new emerging credit trends and deliver innovative solutions.
The Consumer and Community Bank (CCB) currently consists of a number of credit portfolios including Credit Card, Mortgage, Auto, Student Loans, Business Banking and Dealer Commercial Services. The consumer business is supported by both Vertical Organizations (dedicated risk staff supporting a specific business) and Horizontal Organizations (staff that is accountable for working across businesses.) One of these Horizontal organizations is the Consumer Credit Forecasting team.
Within Consumer Credit Forecasting is the Central Strategy group. Our team is accountable for detecting emerging risks within and across consumer products and Chase portfolios, innovating with new credit risk management tools such as machine learning techniques to identify emerging risk patterns, researching and implementing big data sources, and building industry viewpoints and areas of potential industry contagion.
We develop views across CCB portfolios to support the Chief Risk Officer (and other senior leaders including the firm CRO, CCB CFO, firm CFO, Investor Relations and Regulators) with a proactive viewpoint on consumer credit trends. The team is looking to staff a risk analyst to fulfill a number of consumer credit responsibilities. The candidate will need to be a strategic architect of compelling views of consumer and wholesale credit across CCB. In particular, this role will leverage credit bureau data to help build out a risk framework for monitoring both Chase and competitor credit risk trends.
· Creating Outside-In views of consumer credit including partnerships with Credit Bureaus for off us credit information and Econometric firms such as Moody’s for macroeconomic views.
· Working with internal and third party data sources to help create and monitor mechanisms of detecting emerging risks (delinquency, loss and roll rate trends, forecast misses, and breaks in correlations).
· Partnering with quantitative teams both in India and in the US across various lines of business to develop leading indicators of the credit cycle to pick up on trends that could have a broader impact across credit portfolios.
· Evaluating how changes in the macroeconomic environment (including competitor trends) impact the performance of credit portfolios.
· Documenting findings into compelling reports for senior management risk dialogue and escalation.
· Presenting findings, recommendations and presentations to Senior Management.
· Performing moderate to complex ad-hoc analytics to dig into and research credit trends.
· Expected to work on multiple projects with limited guidance.
· Effectively mentoring other analysts within same risk team and other risk teams to help them develop their risk management skills and knowledge.
The work schedule is Monday - Wednesday, 1 PM - 10 PM IST and Thursday - Friday, 11:30 AM – 8:30 PM IST• Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline; Math, Finance, Statistics, Economics or equivalent work/training is required; advanced degree is preferred
• 4+ years of related analytical experience
• Deep credit risk experience in one or more US consumer credit portfolios (i.e. U.S. Mortgage, Home Equity, Credit Card, Automotive, Lease, Business Banking)
• Prior experience working with credit bureau / trade line data (i.e. Equifax, Experian, Transunion)
• Strong analytical, technical and statistical skills. Ability to synthesize / analyze diverse information, develops recommendations, and makes decisions.
• Project Management Skills -- well-organized, structured approach. Ability to achieve tight timelines on complex deliverables. Ability to manage and prioritize projects across cross-functional groups.
• Ability to develop an auditable control framework for the research completed by the team
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to interact with individuals across departments / functions and with senior-level individuals.
• 3+ years of SAS programming experience (PC, UNIX or mainframe).
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.