About Merchant Services
Merchant Services, a business unit of JPMorgan Chase within Consumer & Community Banking, is a global leader in credit card processing and merchant acquiring, capable of authorizing transactions in over 130 currencies. The company’s proprietary platforms provide a wide variety of payment methods such as credit cards, debit cards, and electronic checks. On the Internet or at the point of sale, Merchant Services offers a unique combination of outstanding service, innovative solutions, and financial strength offers sold benefits to companies both large and small. Through a consultative approach, Merchant Services helps today’s small and emerging businesses become tomorrow’s industry leaders, and assists leading companies with cutting edge, cost saving product offerings.
Responsible for insuring client satisfaction through quality service, preparing general reports, updating system records, and coordinating client needs with other functions as required. Provides active support necessary to solidify and expand acquiring relationships with corporate merchant accounts through the use of relationship development, effective communications, written and verbal, as well as problem solving skills.
Serves as customer contact (by telephone or mail) regarding such matters as setting up online reporting, chargebacks and retrievals, equipment operation and research and reconciliation of merchant bankcard processing. May be required to train new hires and participate in additional duties to maximize overall team composition such as company-wide projects, generation of policy documents, internal report analysis, and other responsibilities as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a customer contact (by telephone or email) to support day to day needs such as setting up online reporting, troubleshooting technical and systemic issues, and business expansion.
- Using a client relationship management (CRM) solution, track correspondences and results.
- Respond to inquiries and problems directly from key contacts.
- Navigate systems and tools, and partner with cross-functional teams to solve client problems.
- In a team environment, offer feedback and participate in projects for process improvements.
- Ensure accurate and timely responses to maximize individual scorecard potential.
- Act as a subject matter expert of merchant acquiring for client servicing of premier client segment.
- Treat every client interaction as an opportunity for customer retention and demonstrating the value of Merchant Services.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in business administration, accounting, marketing, or other related fields. In lieu of degree, may have relevant work experience.
- 2-4 years of client relations, customer service or other related field preferred.
- Knowledge of bankcard industry and procedures preferred.
- Ability to understand multiple complex systems and processes.
- Knowledge of computer software systems including work processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to build and maintain professional and productive relationships with peers, colleagues, and customers.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and via written correspondence in a polished and professional manner in all interactions.
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of management and client contacts.
- Ability to analyze and research complex and technical requests.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize effectively to meet deadlines.