This entry-level position (geared to individuals with little or no fulltime work experience) is part of The Asset Management Analyst Program and is applicable to individuals who have recently earned a Bachelor’s degree at an accredited school. Though most hires into the Program are recruited through our formal campus recruitment efforts, we sometimes conduct supplemental recruitment of candidates with a similar level of experience and academic achievement as our campus hires. Experienced professionals should apply to positions outside of this Program.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities, and products to ultra-high and high net worth individuals and families in 36 countries around the world. We enjoy relationships with 40% of the individuals on the Forbes Billionaire list making us one of the largest Private Banks worldwide in terms of client assets.
We deliver highly customized and comprehensive solutions to help clients with the many complexities they face by leveraging the commercial and investment banking capabilities of the firm. Private Banking is involved with every facet of wealth management, including investments, liquidity and credit management, and tax and estate planning. Our business model focuses on deep client relationships, an integrated team structure and a platform of depth and breadth.
Full-time Analyst Programme:
You will be part of a three-year analyst program designed to provide exposure to multiple business areas within the Private Bank through training, development, and networking. At the end of the three-year program, top performing Analysts will have the opportunity to make associate by participating in an assessment center. Promotional opportunities within J.P. Morgan are based on our business needs and your performance.
The Manager Research team is responsible for identifying, selecting and overseeing top-tier managers on the J.P. Morgan International Private Bank investment platform. The Manager Selection team determine which of the world’s best money managers are best positioned to execute the investment view of the Global Strategy Team. The asset classes covered include equity, fixed income, and opportunistic strategies. The team is global and works closely with strategy, portfolio construction, and the New York based team.
The Analyst will support the team in a variety functions to assist with their day-to-day activities. The job opening is for an analyst located in London, and the successful applicant will be involved in all aspects of role.
Key responsibilities include;
- Creating, analysing and maintaining regular and ad hoc quantitative reports
- Interacting actively with equivalent Manager Research team in New York to leverage information and insights and to supply information
- Communicating effectively with international Investor and Banker community in EMEA, Asia and Latin America to help with client queries
- Responsible for quantitative analysis of approved and unapproved mutual funds.
- Running analytical software on fund portfolios. Developing the ability to analyse and convey the results to team members.
- Creating pitchbooks and presentations to market mutual fund solutions to investors
- Interacting with and responding to ad hoc requests from EMEA Solutions, Strategy and Portfolio Construction teams based in London, in order to support product offering
- Reviewing the team’s quantitative working practices with a view to improving efficiency
- Building knowledge base of investment product offerings and understanding of broader portfolios construction
- Organising and maintaining manager files
- Supporting the manager process by assisting in organising and by attending meetings with external managers and internal managers, attending conferences and reporting findings to team
Skills and Experience;
- Educated to degree level with a strong academic performance
- Up to three years’ experience within the financial services industry
- Knowledge of the principles of investment management and the mutual fund industry and an understanding of and interest in different investment management techniques
- Highly numerate with good statistical understanding and excellent attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills with familiarity of working with large amounts of data, formulae and building of quantitative reports.
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- VBA skills is a plus
- Strong teamwork, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Energetic and motivated personality, with the willingness to take the initiative where appropriate
- Strong time management and organisational skills, with the ability to meet deadlines successfully
We seek candidates with strong analytical skills who can use both qualitative and quantitative tools to analyze complex financial situations. Candidates must demonstrate an interest and knowledge in financial markets, as well as possessing excellent analytical, organizational, attention to detail, communication, leadership, teamwork and interpersonal skills. Initiative, energy, and confidence to complete projects are also a must.