The JPMorgan Chase Institute is a global think tank dedicated to delivering data-rich analyses and expert insights for the public good. The mission of the JPMorgan Chase Institute is to help decision makers – policymakers, businesses, and nonprofit leaders – appreciate the scale, granularity, diversity, and interconnectedness of the global economic system and use better facts, real-time data, and thoughtful analysis to make smarter decisions to advance global prosperity. Drawing on JPMorgan Chase’s unique proprietary data, expertise, and market access, the Institute develops analyses and insights on the inner workings of the global economy, frames critical problems, and convenes stakeholders and leading thinkers.
The JPMorgan Chase Institute seeks a 2018 Summer Research Analyst (Intern) to work closely with the Research team to draw conclusions from JPMorgan Chase data, conduct original research on consumer finance, business, and financial markets topics, and act as a strategic partner to the Operations team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in economics and social sciences; be knowledgeable about the current economic policy debate, and general economic trends; and have an entrepreneurial and proactive mindset.
• Conduct external research and literature reviews to support the Institute’s ongoing research agenda and articulate the value-add to topical debate
• Work alongside other analysts, Research Directors, PhD fellows, academic advisors, and internal thought-leaders to develop and conduct analyses, using Institute data alone or in combination with existing publicly-available data, that add to both the public and academic discourse
• Attend, participate, and present synthesized research findings at weekly problem solving sessions
• Pull and analyze relevant third-party datasets to support ongoing research initiatives
• Develop and execute new outreach strategies & tactics
• Liaise with researchers and communications partners to make reports and press releases more digestible, contextualized, and impactful
• Identify promising potential topics for the Institute’s research agenda
• Play a key part in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) before each research release
• Explore and enhance data visualization tools to effectively convey research finding
• Current undergraduate or graduate student with a degree in Economics, Public Policy, or a related field
• Experience conducting empirical social science research
• Demonstrates strong understanding of consumer finance, business issues, and financial markets
• Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to synthesize and present compact research topics
• Creativity, discretion, and a commitment to intellectual rigor
• Initiative taker who can efficiently explore promising research areas and absorb and synthesize large amounts of information and data quickly
• Team-player able to work in a small, high performing, and collaborative environment, often at a fast pace and under time constraints; comfort with uncertainty and an entrepreneurial working context
• Experience programming in R, Python, SAS, Matlab, Stata, and/or SQL a plus
1. Current resume, including most recent standardized test scores (e.g., GRE, GMAT, SAT)
2. Cover letter
3. Writing sample (e.g., recent article, working paper, or class paper) that demonstrates your writing and analytical abilities
• Transcripts (undergraduate and graduate)
Please submit the above materials to email@example.com with the subject line: 2017 Summer Research Analyst (Intern)
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.