J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities and products to ultra high net worth individuals and families in 36 countries around the world. The Private Bank delivers highly customized and tailored solutions to help clients with the challenges of substantial wealth, utilizing the Private Bank's discretionary investment management, brokerage, tax and estate planning, credit, capital raising and specialty wealth advisory services while leveraging the commercial and investment banking capabilities of the firm.
The Portfolio Management Group (PMG) is the implementation engine for Private Banking's discretionary investment business, providing leverage for investment advisors and other front office partners as they pursue the Firm's growth initiatives. PMG is responsible for implementing the investment strategy and portfolio construction as dictated by the Private Banking Strategy team. PMG rebalances and manages risk in accounts across our investment management and trust portfolios.
The Portfolio Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Implementation of portfolio construction based on Strategy team's calls and investment vehicle selection
- Maintain knowledge of the investment solutions utilized throughout Private Banking, including, mutual funds, exchange traded funds, structured notes, hedge funds, and separately managed accounts
- Maintain knowledge of each account's unique requirements and sensitivities
- Review and trade portfolios, manage orders and execute trades across managed account business including the following:
- New account initial investing and phase in
- Timely implementation of strategic and tactical shifts when announced by Portfolio Construction
- Monitoring cash and security activity in clients accounts
- Liquidating accounts
- Monitoring accounts for model drift and strategy deviation
- Relationship management with internal clients (client facing teams)
- Work with various internal partners to complete business initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in a finance - related discipline with a minimum 3.3/4.0 GPA. CFA or progress toward attaining CFA designation preferred
- 3-7 years work experience in financial services industry with Private Wealth Management experience preferred
- Demonstrated solid understanding of investments with keen interest in broadening knowledge of portfolio management
- Demonstrated track record of building relationships with internal and external partners
- Prior experience operating within a risk framework