As part of the Consumer Card Production Management team, primary responsibilities will be to ensure the smooth and effective operation of applications and 24/7 availability of the systems through careful monitoring of infrastructure, production processes, automating procedures where possible via scripting, and performing Permit to Operate on each application release. L2 Support is responsible for day to day support of CT environments infrastructure products including the production, test and DR environments. Works with the development and other support teams to provide design guidelines and imparts knowledge on technical trends and solutions. The candidate will Instrument end to end monitoring of the Consumer infrastructure, ensuring high availability of the environment and timely alerting of any potential issues. Ensures infrastructures have adequate capacity and are refreshed on a periodic basis. Develops and maintains system documentation, run-books and production metrics reporting. Work effectively within the CCB team to identify and resolve issues. Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels.
Additionally, responsible for application administration, resolving client issues, change management, documentation, installs/upgrades, coordinate outages with the customers, coordinate patching with server team and perform restarts.
Day to day responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide 2nd Level support for in-house applications.
- Provide Off-Hours support, as needed, to resolve system problems during non-business hours or backlogs
- Ensure the support team performs daily health checks of the applications, scripts, and infrastructure.
- Provide leadership and daily support in order to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with lines of business. Ensure communication is customer focused and professional.
- Ensure timely monitoring and resolving of HPSM tickets.
- Works with team to develop scripts to automate repeatable manual tasks.
- Troubleshoot and resolve application or infrastructure issues. This requires detailed knowledge of multiple systems, as well as an in-depth understanding of the functionality for these systems.
- Technical expertise on multiple platforms is required.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery events and Major Event Changes.
- Participate in audit support activities, as they pertain to Information Security, for both internal and external audits. Perform audit support tasks as assigned.
- Evaluate service level issues and suggested enhancements escalated by Service Delivery Team to diagnose and address underlying system problems and inefficiencies
- Engage third party suppliers on applications support issues
Additional duties will include leading the L1 & L2 calibre troubleshooting/triage of incidents, reviewing data-quality issues, completing escalation management. In addition the individual will be providing L2 monitoring support at the infrastructure, application & middleware layers, resolving and reporting of incidents for the production environments. The resource will be responsible for performing L2 calibre troubleshooting/triage of incidents, completing escalation management. In addition, the resource will execute systems administrative tasks, help to create and maintain production support documentation and assist on projects when directed. In this position, the individual will be able quickly evaluate information, engage and assist technology staff, and communicate issues to help remediate and resolve production issues efficiently and effectively. In support of the incident management activities the L2 support will work closely with other technology groups including Development, Data Base Administration, QA, Infrastructure (Networking, Systems and Storage, Build and Deploy, and Operations) teams.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.