JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda.
A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
- Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm’s regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments.
- Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms.
- Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions.
- Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles.
- Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency.
The Financial Crimes Investigations Technology team (FCI), part of CT, develops workflow and reporting solutions used by JPMC’s investigations and operations teams to analyze, document, and report various forms of suspicious activity in the Fraud and BSA/AML domains. The FCI team is seeking a strong Application Development Lead to plan, coordinate, and supervise all activities related to the design, development, implementation and support of applications within / affecting the Financial Crimes Investigations Portal. These applications may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools. The role will have a heavy emphasis on overseeing application development efforts including managing, oversight, instructing, directing and reviewing the work of development team on delivering solutions end to end.
Responsible for overall application development efforts in the region. This includes development, managing and reviewing the work of development team on delivering solutions with the portfolio (E2E).
Manage the development, deployment of new applications, systems software, and/or enhancements, upgrades to existing applications.
Ensure systems design, business requirements, development and architecture of solution is well understood by involved parties and responsible for overall delivery of software products.
Review and analyze all applications in portfolio for effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems. This will also support re-tooling and strategic development efforts.
Manage team develop code that promotes reusability, maintainability and good, scalable performance. Promote and deploy code using standard release management tools; must be comfortable with techniques that leverage team-based development.
Support application development through code reviews, system testing and user acceptance testing, bridging gap between business rules and technical implementation when necessary.
Communication of status, issue, and risk disposition to all stakeholders, including senior management, on a timely basis
Formulate and evaluate solution proposals in order to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations.
Assimilate and understand the application architecture and develop components that properly integrate with it.
- 12+ years direct experience in diverse development platform, software development and programming design and systems management, hardware, technologies and tools.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to design & develop high performing Java/J2EE applications using frameworks such as Spring & Spring Batch.
- Direct, hands-on experience with automated software and system management tools.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Proficiency in agile methodologies such as Scrum and Test Driven development, including use of tools such as JIRA/Fisheye/Crucible.
- Prior experience in production support and deployments.
- Capable to translate high level design to detail technical design and implementation.
- Incorporate corporate architectural standards into application design specifications.
- Study, adhere to and improve processes to increase application quality, development productivity and effectiveness.
- Partner with the business and technology teams to evaluate requirements and propose optimal technology solutions and delivery approaches.
- Motivated to work in a highly efficient agile team and having an attitude to be a good team player.
- Willingness to work 11:30 AM to 8:30 PM IST to overlap with US teams working hours.
- Java / J2EE
- Actimize ERCM Designer & Modeler
- Spring Framework
- Apache Tomcat or equivalent application containers.
- Development tools such as Eclipse, Maven, IntelliJ IDEA, Bitbucket/Git, and Crucible.
- Testing frameworks like JUnit and mocking techniques.
- Experience or knowledge in Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- A good listener and should be able to articulate ideas verbally and in writing to global teams in an efficient way.
- Proactively identify and communicate issues.
- Have ability to work effectively with teams having diverse work cultures & skill sets.
- Prior experience with Anti-Money Laundering, Fraud or other compliance applications is highly desirable.
- Prior experience with Nice ACTIMIZE is a major plus, including modules Actimize Intelligence Server (AIS) and Actimize Risk Case Manager (RCM), Actimize plugin development and Actimize services.
- Debugging, profiling and tuning applications’ performance.
- Auto-deployment tools and Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins) is a plus.
- Knowledge on Application monitoring tools like AppDynamics is a plus.
- Knowledge in cloud computing platforms is a plus.