Card Services - Marketing Manager, VP– Chase Ink Small Business Acquisition Marketing
Req #: 170118952
Job Category: Marketing/Communications
JPMorgan Chase & Co.. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com. Chase Consumer & Community Banking serves nearly 60 million households and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Chase Card Services consists of two businesses: Consumer and Small Business and Commercial Card. The No. 1 credit card issuer in the U.S. based on loans outstanding.
Consumer and Small Business offers a broad array of credit cards to meet the needs of individual consumers and small businesses. Our portfolio includes Chase-branded credit cards - Sapphire, Freedom, Ink and Slate as well as co-branded credit cards offered in partnership with well-known brands and organizations, including AARP, Amazon, Disney, Marriott, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, and many others in the United States and Canada.
The Ink Business Card line of business is one of the most profitable business units in Chase Card Services. This is an exciting opportunity for a strong marketer to contribute to and lead the strategy and growth of Chase Ink business card acquisitions.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced digital marketer with strong strategic and execution skills, who can drive Ink acquisitions through a sound understanding of the small business customer and developing expansion opportunities to reach key prospect segments. Another key area of focus will be improving the application experience by driving capabilities enhancements in digital channels.
The Ink Business Card Acquisitions VP, Marketing Manager role includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Develop strategies to aggressively grow profitable high-value Ink acquisitions across multiple channels including Chase.com, paid search, affiliates & banner media.
- Identify opportunities to expand into new areas, generate awareness and engage prospects
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership, partnership, influencing, and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to think analytically with an emphasis on creativity, manage complexity, and deal with ambiguity
- Partner with the Ink Branding & Advertising and Customer Marketing teams to ensure message consistency and synergy.
- Lead internal and external creative agencies in the development of Ink Business Card acquisition messaging.
- Create a comprehensive learning agenda and test plan to grow the channels individually and ensure synergies across marketing across channels.
- Partner closely with internal Chase partners including the Acquisitions Center of Excellence, finance and analytic teams to manage acquisition investment budget, develop forecasts, track profitability and analyze results.
- Manage and coordinate marketing initiatives from concept through execution, including business case, project management, testing, and implementation.
- Manage/participate in legal/compliance/control related initiatives, ensuring all required guidelines are met, while ensuring an optimal customer experience.
- Minimum of 8+ years of consumer or small business marketing experience in financial services industry; digital marketing experience preferred
- Excellent analytical skills; understanding of a P&L, business trend analysis and forecasting
- Creative and innovative thinker with strong communication and partnership skills needed to drive results across many organizations
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives to completion under concurrent, rigorous deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to work successfully in an ever-changing environment with competing priorities
- Possesses both cross-functional business and technical acumen
- Leadership Skills: Proactive, positive attitude, self-starter approach
- Articulate a vision and motivate teams to work together to achieve tactical and strategic outcomes; motivating leader with a strong desire to transform organizations and processes