J.P. Morgan Investor Services, a division of the Corporate & Investment Bank, is a unique combination of related, complementary businesses, working together to provide our clients with seamless end-to-end solutions across the spectrum of custody and fund services, prime brokerage, collateral and clearing, all with the objective of helping our clients succeed. These product families occupy a top-tier position in the industry in their own right and this combination provides an expanded, integrated and best-in-class suite of end-to-end capabilities.
Custody and Funds Services (CFS) is a division within the Investor Services business and is a global industry leader with $21 trillion in assets under custody. J.P. Morgan provides custody, fund accounting & administration and securities services to the world's largest institutional investors, alternative asset managers and debt and equity issuers. CFS is comprised of Custody, Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency, Middle Office outsourcing, Foreign Exchange, and other activities related to servicing assets for traditional and alternative funds; it leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 100 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateral management and alternative investment services.
The role of Product Development is to partner across all functional areas (e.g. Product Management, Business Control, Legal, Operations, Technology, etc.) to set the strategic direction of the Custody business, evolve the business end-to-end and ensure that the supporting operating model and technology infrastructure deliver the product effectively and efficiently.
The multi-year Custody Transformation Program (CTP) is a highly visible, high profile project that will deliver to an end-to-end strategic business model. The end state platform will be a service based model providing an efficient, robust and globally consistent operating model for securities that is adaptable, automated and utilizes risk based exception processing based on industry standards.
The Product Development role will oversee design and delivery of key aspects of the strategic delivery, leveraging firm-wide capabilities to implement efficient and competitive solutions. The individual will partner with cross-functional teams on the operational model and drive change aligned to the strategic roadmap.
The role requires a dynamic individual who is able to take ownership of various components of CTP, carrying out detailed analysis and in depth program management. This will involve understanding & documenting how existing processes operate and mapping to the strategic end-state model. System and Process gaps will need to be identified and closed as scalable, functional operational models and components are implemented across all services.
In this role, responsibilities will include:
- Become established as Subject Matter Expert for core custody services
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of existing product capabilities and map them against securities services industry trends to identify the best features to be developed as part of the transformation
- Design and document in detail end-state process maps/process flows and requirements to build a scalable, efficient, market leading service offering, leveraging the deep subject matter expertise in core services
- Work closely with other product, technology and operations teams to ensure successful development and implementation of new products and product / service enhancements
- Ensure that as part of the design test requirements are documented to help the QA team build automated testing tools
- Support the implementation and rollout of new components, managing feedback and implementing additional enhancements based on priorities
- Escalate proactively any issues/risk in partnership with operations and technology