About J.P. Morgan
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2 trillion, over 265,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Consumer and Community Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking.
The Wealth Management division of JPMorgan Chase & Co. is part of the Asset & Wealth Management business segment. It has offered for over 160 years customised solutions and client service of the highest quality to solve the complex needs of wealthy individuals and their families around the world. With assets under management of $2.4 trillion, it is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
About Private Bank
J.P. Morgan Private Bank is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities and products to ultra-high net worth individuals and families around the world.
We deliver highly customized and comprehensive solutions to help clients with the many complexities they face. Private Banking is involved with every facet of wealth management, including investments, liquidity and credit management, and estate planning. Our business model focuses on deep client relationships, an integrated team structure and a platform of depth and breadth
About the Legal Entity Controllers
The Legal Entity Controllers Team interacts and collaborates with all lines of business globally that have activity in the WM legal entities to ensure that legal entity implications (e.g., accounting policy, regulatory reporting, capital, etc.) of transactions are considered and with relevant stakeholders, including Product Controllers, Business Managers, P&A, Tax, Operation, Legal & Compliance, Internal and External Audit, as well as ensuring a strong control environment exists as it relates to all businesses, products and operational areas that impact the financial accounts.
The team are responsible for ensuring that all legal entity implications are considered for all transactions that flow through the entities. Individual members of the team are required to have a firm understanding of the products and business that use the entities. The team collaborates extensively with the Product and Business Controllers who have primary responsibility for the business activities.
About the Role / Opportunity:
The Internal Controls & Reporting team supports the LEC in ensuring that internal controls are adequate and effective, and documented in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and maintaining recurring and ad-hoc management reporting.
Key activities will include:
- Global coordination for any WM LEC control reviews, supporting the teams in EMEA, US, LatAm and Asia.
- Ensuring the execution of the Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process for all regions
- Identifying existing gaps or control weaknesses in current processes, leverage best practices and provide cohesive alternatives to strengthen controls and eliminate deficiencies
- Partnering with SMEs to execute control agenda projects such as deep dives and changes to existing control process
- Assisting in the production and review of Operational Risk metrics for scorecards, presentations, BCC meetings etc.
- Assist with Internal/External Audit requests, Corporate Financial Reporting requests, and Cross-LOB Quality Assurance (QA) processes
- Managing User Tool (UT) inventory for WM Controllers globally
- Participating with Resiliency Plan coordination and testing
- Updating and maintaining the FORCE system with all control program related details
- Partnering with SMEs to complete RCSA Issues/Actions Plans, documentation and production of reports, as necessary
- Partnering with Corporate SMEs to complete RCSA Issues/Actions Plans, documentation and production of reports, as necessary
- Representing WM Finance as a stakeholder on the Global Chart of Accounts Advisory Forum
- Assisting with other related tasks and projects from a controls perspective, as appropriate
- Degree level with sound technical and business knowledge;
- Extensive relevant financial risk & controls working experience
- Expert in using Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint, - must be able to analyse and manipulate data using formulas / pivot tables, etc.
- Olympic banking system and OMNI knowledge is a requirement, as it is the International Bank General ledger.
- Deep knowledge of the WM business globally
- Knowledge of the WM Operational risk systems, including the Firmwide Operational Risk and Control Environment (FORCE), GXM (Global Expense Management) - Tool, the Firmwide User Tool Workflow and Assessment Tool (UWAT) and the Strategic Dimension Maintenance (SDM) tool.
- Superior multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Finance technical skills are beneficial – P&L, Balance Sheet knowledge
- Detail minded, highly motivated, strong analytical and time management skills
- Good judgment and discretion working with confidential information
- Control and efficiency mind-set;
- Be a team player who shows commitment and dedication, and can maintain a positive attitude
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing date : 2nd February 2018