JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda.
- CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda.
- A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
- Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm’s regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
- Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms
- Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
- Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
- Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency
The Senior Software engineer lead will work with the Global Real Estate (GRE) business partners and IT Leadership to execute appropriate IT business strategies. You will enhance, deploy, maintain, and support an application portfolio consisting of a combination of in-house developed apps, and vendor hosted solutions. You will contribute to driving the implementation of a strategic data architecture with a focus on reporting capabilities enablement.
You will prioritize the development and implementation of enhancements, drive deployments, and manage the resolution process for any application production problems that are escalated to the development team. You will also oversee formal performance testing process and help to manage the relationship with internal technology partners and external technology vendors to ensure superior service delivery for all applications.
You will coordinate workload of assigned team members to ensure delivery of agreed project milestones; identify/mitigate risks to delivering solution on time. You will oversee activities of development staff, as applicable and provide individuals with constructive feedback as it pertains to team performance.
- College degree related to Computer Engineer/Science
- Overall 8+ years of IT experience
- 6+ years’ experience working as a hands-on application/database oriented developer with variety of ETL tools
- Must have hands-on experience with Business Intelligence tools (i.e. Tableau, Qlikview, etc.) with connectivity to variety of data stores
- Ability to design, develop and deploy ETL processes and performance tuning of ETL mappings/sessions
- Experience working in a variety of both traditional RDBMS system, as well as unstructured NoSQL data stores
- Strong Analytical, SQL skills with a focus on Business Reporting
- Application development experience knowledge of Java/J2EE platforms/services
- Experienced mentor with the ability to work in a collaborative environment and coach other team members on coding practices, design principles, and implementation patterns that lead to high-quality maintainable solutions.
- Experience working in geographically distributed development team members.
- Must have strong experience with Agile process
- Expertise in maintaining a portfolio of applications with global users/clients
- Experience implementing quality guidelines, standards and procedures
- Technical development expertise in web-based applications Unix, Windows, SQL and Oracle database integrations
- Familiarity with strict change control procedures, and release management processes in highly controlled technology environments
- Application Security Champion certification and mobile application integration experience is a plus