As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
Data Acquisition team is a technology group within Risk Finance and Technology which is developing a Data Convergence Platform. This strategic reengineering program will develop a platform to process information from various upstream systems related with various Risk stripes: Credit Risk, Market Risk, Portfolio Risk, Stress Test, and Country Risk and make it available to downstream consumers such as applications and analysts.
We are actively seeking a Java/Hadoop Software Engineer with a deep knowledge of Spark and Hadoop framework.
- Potential candidates MUST have experience with and are enthusiastic about developing Hadoop processes using Spark, Sqoop, and also Core Java programming for both back-end processes as well as middle-tier processing.
- The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Writing large scale Spark Jobs in Java, creating Oozie Workflows, transferring data from relational databases to our Hadoop store using Sqoop, and writing Java programs in pure Core Java to facilitate both real-time and batch processing.
- All processes will be deployed to Unix/Linux environments; therefore a working understanding of Unix/Linux is required.
- 5+ years experience developing web applications and integrating with databases
- Core Java/J2EE Design Patterns
- Java related work experience
- Spring or Enterprise Java Beans 3 (EJB3)
- ORM Frameworks (Java Persistence API/JPA, Hibernate, TopLink)
- SQL & Databases (Oracle/ExData, TeraData, Netezza etc)
- Java Message Service (JMS)
- Testing Frameworks (JUnit, Selenium)
- Strong in Java performance tuning, debugging & Profiling Tools.
- Experience in ETL tool (Ab Initio) or Informatica is a plus
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co, you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, out team of 40,000 + technologist design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organizations that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tacking big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.