JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM)
is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda.
A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
• Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm’s regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
• Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms
• Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
• Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
• Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency
The L2 Application Support Analyst is responsible for providing day to day support of our busy application portfolio of applications in the Legal, Compliance & Security space. These applications use various technology platforms and include both custom developed and packaged software solutions. The Analyst will be required to work both independently and with our Application Development, Global Technology Infrastructure, Business Partners, and some external vendors.
The Analyst will also be required to adopt the standard operate framework within Corporate Technology & Risk and use the various tools for incident, risk, resiliency, change and knowledge management. In addition, the Application Support Engineer is expected to provide input to continuous service improvement with a focus on proactive analysis to drive down incident volume, reduce time to repair, and improve service efficiency. The role will require interactions with users and infrastructure support teams so must have strong communication skills, teamwork, as well as ability to effectively prioritize and manage a wide variety of tasks.
- Break-fix support for incidents
- Feed management and escalation
- Support operations, projects, and capability improvement for the entire service lifecycle, including the key functions of:
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Event Management
- Release Management
- Risk Management
- Capacity Management
- Identifying problems and opportunities, and participate in developing solutions
- Participate and own investigation and resolution of complex problems related to supported technologies
- Provide escalated ticket/incident management supported applications as well as will participate in defect management, issue tracking/trending.
- Taking leadership in owning issue resolution and driving them to completion.
- Ensuring that incident and problem management processes and procedures are followed and adhered to standards.
- Communicating to end users, engineers, and operations
- Work with the vendor on any support cases to seek out and test remediation
- Provide performance /capacity metrics and ad hoc reporting of the same
- Provide technical expertise and share knowledge with team as required
- Be on a weekend on-call rotation to provide level-2/3 application support (a 24x7 L1 team fields all calls and escalate only if needed)
- Monitor the application performance and provide technical support as required
- Learn new products and technologies outside of background experience