JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumer in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than two hundred years. We have been a leader in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We collaborate across the globe to deliver the solutions and advice to meet our client’s needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 100 countries and hold global leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm every day. This is why we can offer you an outstanding career.
Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves 50 million customers with a broad range of consumer financial services, including personal banking, investment advice, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments and auto financing. Our 160,000 employees serve our customers by following Chase's Five Keys to A Great Customer Experience.
Chase Consumer and Community Banking (CCB) business is seeking a Recruiting Manager to provide strategic leadership, build a comprehensive recruiting strategy, develop key business relationships and lead a team of recruiters and coordinators. This role provides an excellent opportunity for end-to-end ownership and partnership.
The Chase Leaders Program is a national, structured two-year rotational program during which time Analysts and Associates perform 3 eight-month cross-LOB rotations within core disciplines to ensure the appropriate experience and skill development to achieve the program’s objective of creating future general managers and leaders. In addition to their experiences within each rotation, Analysts and Associates are engaged in a robust training and development curriculum that enhances their LOB and functional knowledge and leadership skills in advance of each new rotation to enhance their functional knowledge and expertise. Participants receive comprehensive feedback and coaching through a structured performance management process to position them for future roles within CCB upon program completion.
The areas of responsibility for this role include, but are not limited to the following
- Summer Internship Program –a 10 week internship; the primary pipeline for full time CCB Chase Leaders Program hiring.
- Full-time Analyst and Associate Programs –programs that provide two years of training and development within CCB and serve as a pipeline of talent and leaders for the firm.
Responsibilities - Recruiting Strategy
- Design and develop robust school sourcing strategy in partnership with the business and outline an effective plan to build and develop campus relationships
- Develop the diversity strategy to help ensure the intake of junior talent appropriately reflects the target population
- Outline strategic plans and present regular updates to senior management and diversity committees
- Educate and communicate to senior business leaders about the overall recruiting strategy/processes.
- Establish and lead efficient execution of school team strategies
- Ensure that interview guides and interviewers are consistent in interview structure and evaluation of candidates
- Proactively manage and maintain school team and business interviewer strategy and participation on an ongoing basis
- Build a solid recruiting platform and market the recruiting efforts internally to get strong participation from the business
- Build and partner with campus relationship teams to formulate effective recruiting strategy for each school
- Formulate selling strategies for those candidates with offers
- Regularly evaluate sources of hire (schools visited, corporate programs, diversity organizations, referrals, etc.) and correlate back to cost per hire and performance. Adjust sourcing strategy as necessary
- Manage and maintain campus recruiting budget to ensure that costs are in line and appropriate
- Develop expertise on recruiting techniques, competitive intelligence, generational insight, and interviewing skills
- Ensure that all recruiting activities are conducted in a framework of strong compliance and control
- Manage key recruiting projects and initiatives as needed
- Partner with key stakeholders to plan and execute supplemental recruiting activities
- Attend campus activities and events when needed
Process and Planning:
Strategically develop metrics and analytics that tell the story of campus recruiting efforts and provide insight into future decisions
- Track and analyze recruiting stats and metrics on an on-going basis, to identify strategic significance and provide trends to key stakeholders
Lead process mapping for the candidate and client experiences on-campus and during the candidate sourcing process
Identify and implement process improvements and standardization opportunities
Optimize location strategy
Ensure firm-wide consistency while meeting LOB needs
Manage operational oversight and coordination for firm-wide processes
People and Relationship Management:
- Manage recruiting team and help individuals set goals and objectives, provide regular feedback and coaching
- Develop strong working relationships with key business stakeholders to help motivate their participation in recruiting efforts
- Partner with other recruiting managers to share best practices and implement firm-wide recruiting initiatives
- Partner with Program Management to establish shared goals and accountability and constantly review results of recruiting efforts
- Ensure proper visibility of recruiting program with management, schools, and other key constituents (e.g. meet regularly with career services directors)
- Build and maintain strong relationships with campus recruiting managers, University Relations, and LOB recruiting teams
- Seek out opportunities to build relationships with non-core schools and key organizations
Marketing / Branding / Education:
- Partner with the Marketing team to execute internet and on-campus branding and marketing
- Manage content of marketing materials (web site, on-campus presentation, brochure, job descriptions, campus FAQs, Vault, etc.)
- Manage execution of on-campus presence