As one of the main technology HUBS For EMEA the scope of work in Bournemouth is truly remarkable, we are at the forefront of innovation within the financial services industry and are pioneering the use of cutting edge technologies.
This senior management position, will report to the Application Support Manager or Director. Candidate will work closely with this manager to build and manage a robust support team responsible for assigned critical applications. They will have leadership responsibility for Level 1 (L1) and Level 2 (L2) team resources supporting several key products and systems. In this role, they will also work closely with our business and technology partner teams.
The Application Support Manager is responsible for coordinating and leading resources that provide 24 x 7 x 365 coverage performing L1 & L2 calibre troubleshooting/triage of incidents, working trouble tickets, completing escalation management, providing monitoring support at the infrastructure, application & middleware layers, and reporting/resolving of incidents for our production environments. Responsibilities also include the identification and use of best practices, implementation of new processes and disciplines, and management of training activities for the staff. In this role the manager will also define and negotiate Service Level Agreements for the supported applications and their interfaces. This position will ensure that incident, problem, change management, and risk management procedures and processes are applied and followed as required.
The manager is required to quickly evaluate information, engage and assist technology staff, and communicate issues to help remediate and resolve production problems efficiently and effectively. In support of incident management and problem management functions, they work closely with other groups as needed to mitigate client impacts and operate within defined SLAs.
They are accountable to develop and implement tactical and strategic approaches to eliminate incidents, or the reoccurrence of service disruptions, to lower the probability of reoccurrence, or to lessen the impacts from incidents. Included in the expectations is a requirement to continually drive process improvements.
The manager is also responsible for coordinating with various Application Development groups to understand current projects and be part of the overall program delivery model, including review and acceptance of key project deliverables into production environments. They will ensure all required monitoring and training updates are completed prior to production acceptance.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Resolves high level conflicts or program issues by making decisions or negotiating with affected senior management.
- Manages client impacting incidents including business impact assessment, technical resolution, engagement, and communications
- Drives the implementation and adherence to incident, problem, and change management, early detection, automation processes
- Performs 1st and 2nd level support for application and platform incidents as needed
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with JPMC technology teams and business partners to identify process improvement opportunities
- Drives continuous improvement of services and processes in order to increase platform stability and realize operational efficiencies
- Assures Operations Run Book and other knowledge management documents are up to date
- Provides technical and procedural training, coaching and guidance to support analysts
Required and Preferred Skills:
- A strong application development background with a solid understanding of development and support methodologies with background with client facing internet and back office applications
- Knowledge of incident, problem management, knowledge management, ticket, change, and risk management processes and tools
- Experience with setup and tuning of application monitoring tools (Dynatrace, Keynote, GENEOS, Tivoli, Splunk, OEM, or similar).
- Experience supporting applications using the following technologies: Wintel, Linux, Sun OS, Mainframe, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Apache, Sterling Commerce Connect, FTP, SFTP,
- Ability to influence and lead technical conversations with varied IT support groups
- Experience using a structured software development methodology in a large corporate or consulting environment
We offer highly competitive benefits including pension, bonus scheme, private medical for you and your family, as well as the freedom to innovate, continuous technology training, global collaboration and career mobility.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
The hiring manager for this job opening would be willing to have a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement. The hiring manager is not committing to offering this, just highlighting an openness to having the conversation.