JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
The Corporate Sector, with an annual operating expense budget of over $10B and headcount of more than 30,000, is managed in two groups: “CTC” (the Chief Investment Office, Treasury and Private Investments), and “Other Corporate” (all other functions). The responsibilities below pertain to Other Corporate only.
The Corporate Sector Finance & Business Management (“CS F&BM”) group provides financial management, business management and reporting support for multiple Corporate functions, including Enterprise Technology, Global Real Estate, Risk, Compliance, Finance, Legal, Human Resources, Corporate Responsibility, Audit, Executive and other staff and corporate-aligned areas.
The Corporate Sector Planning & Analysis (P&A) team is a centralized P&A team within CS F&BM supporting the function leaders and their CFOs in the 30+ corporate functions that span the Firm. The team coordinates across all CS F&BM teams and is the liaison with the Firmwide P&A group, Investor Relations, the Regulatory Capital Management Office, Resolution & Recovery, Corporate Financial Reporting, and the Global Finance & Business Management organization. The team consists of approximately 80 people, with primary locations in Jersey City, Columbus and Mumbai.
Reporting to the Corporate Sector CFO and the Head of Financial Analysis, the Head of Corporate Sector P&A is responsible for leading the financial reporting, planning, forecasting and analysis supporting JPMorgan Chase’s Other Corporate business and coordinating the same across the entire Corporate Sector.
The team is organized into four P&A hubs: Forecasting, Allocations, Data & Reporting, and Regulatory & Controls.
Forecasting – this team is responsible for providing P&A support to the CFO’s and business teams across Corporate functions. Responsibilities include delivering monthly Outlook, identifying risks and opportunities, performing variance analysis, executing Budget & MYF exercises and building analytical capabilities. In addition to functional support, the Forecasting hub is the main liaison with Firmwide P&A and Investor Relations as it relates to Corporate’s results and key P&A initiatives such as F3.
Allocations – this team provides operational support, guidance, and oversight for the end-to-end expense allocation process. The team works with CFO teams across the Corporate Sector to develop allocation strategies. Those strategies are then implemented via SAP-CO to distribute expenses out to the lines of business. On top of the operational functions, the team conducts ongoing analytics of allocated expenses and drivers.
Data & Reporting – this team establishes monthly cadence by building out and maintaining scalable processes to help deliver reporting to support most functions within Corporate Sector. Working with Finance teams across the organization, the team is also responsible for the centralization of firm-wide support function reporting. The Reporting Hub ensures timely deliverables of standard reporting and also provides customized reporting specific to functional needs.
Regulatory & Controls – this team is responsible for satisfying Corporate Sector’s regulatory requirements and technology infrastructure. The regulatory team works with the respective firm-wide teams on the quarterly firm-wide stress tests activities (CCAR, DFAST, etc.), Resolution Plan deliverables, and RCSA program. The technology team manages Corporate Sector’s local Essbase environment.
In addition, the Head of Corporate Sector P&A acts as a strategic partner and advisor to the Corporate Sector CFO, and is responsible for ad-hoc financial analyses that are relevant to the Corporate Sector functions. This position requires strong leadership and partnering with all the Corporate Sector CFOs, the Firmwide P&A head, LOB P&A heads and several key Corporate Finance leads. The collaboration and close partnership with each Corporate Sector CFO ensures a unified and consistent approach to financial processes, programs and output.
Specific duties include:
- Key contact with Investor Relations, CFR, Controllers, Corporate Tax and various other parties involved in the quarterly earnings preparation calls with the JPMC Chief Financial Officer
- Preparation, interpretation, and presentation of financial reports to Corporate Sector leadership such as the Firm’s Chief Financial Officer, Chief Administrative Officer and CFO for Corporate Sector
- Establishment of strong relationships with all partners (Corporate Sector CFOs, Firmwide P&A and LOB P&A heads, Corporate Finance leads) to enable the short term and longer horizon iterative planning cycles
- Manage and coordinate the Mid-Year Forecast and Budget process across the Corporate Sector Finance group as well with the LOB Finance teams, in particular for those Corporate functions with substantial LOB components (Risk, Finance, HR, Oversight & Control and Technology)
- Lead LOB Roundtables with LOB P&A teams as well as LOB CFOs, where required, to explain, discuss and support allocation amounts
- Execute on all calendar based MIS reporting requirements across the 30+ corporate sector functions
- Lead the Regulatory Finance – CCAR, Resolution Plan, User Tools – continuing book of work
- Provide recommendations and execute on initiatives to enhance financial planning processes, including allocations, within the Corporate Sector, as well as improve coordination with the Corporate and LOB P&A teams
- Direct oversight of and partnership with the India Global Service Center (GSC) Corporate P&A team
- Continual assessment and review of the onshore/offshore P&A model within own team as well as across CS F&BM group
- Responsibility for overall RCSA controls impacting all CS F&BM groups, as well as ownership of the Resolution & Recovery process for the Corporate Sector, User Tools reporting, Reg W analysis, and various additional control initiatives
- Partner with the Firmwide P&A team to help deliver further alignment of LOB and LE financial reporting views
- Participate in and provide guidance at monthly staff meetings with Corporate Sector CFO team
- Participate in and lead initiatives on behalf of the Firmwide P&A organization
Bachelor's degree required; MBA/CPA preferred
15+ years of finance and overall business management experience in a complex financial organization; Planning & Analysis experience preferred
Leadership experience over geographically distributed team a plus, India in particular
Outstanding analytical and presentation skills (verbal and written)
Proven ability to act independently with excellent decision-making skills
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple projects and initiatives at same time
- Strong leadership skills with experience working in a demanding global environment
- Strong influencing and partnering skills with a proven ability to execute on large-scale initiatives
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning, issue resolution and negotiation
- Ability to identify and mitigate risk based on company and industry guidelines
- Ability to build and motivate high performance teams with a global focus
- Ability to be strategic and forward-thinking in approach to organizational structure and process improvements
- Superior verbal and written communication especially with senior level management