Technology Controls (TC) delivers streamlined and consistent solutions supporting JPMorgan Chase’s Controls and IT Risk agendas with a focus on risk reduction, stability, security, delivery, resiliency and efficiencies. TC’s focus on standardization, consistency and simplicity fosters long-term productivity, quality and innovation across JPMorgan Chase. The disciplines within this organization are Oversight & Controls Technology, Cloud Controls, Identity & Access Management, IT Risk & Controls, and Third Party Risk Management.
Control Systems Technology (CST) provides strategic application development and production support primarily across two client portfolios: Oversight & Control and Technology Controls. In addition, CST provides Shared Services and project support to other organizations (e.g., Legal, Corporate Operational Risk, Cyber, Risk & Finance Technology).
As an Applications Developer Lead, you will participate in all facets of the development cycle for the Operational Risk Data Lake. This includes design, analysis, development, coding, testing and documentation. You will partner closely with business partners and the broader O&C Technology team. You will ensure your work products adhere to coding, architectural, and security standards as defined throughout Corporate Technology & Risk. A successful candidate must have relevant Java and web development experience.
- Provide leadership and direction for the Technical delivery of project objectives and changes to meet business requirements
- Oversight and leadership for data movement and transformative development activities on the Op Risk Hadoop Data lake
- Must be hands on developer and must have leadership experience of running team of developers
- Provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs
- Display efficient work style with attention to detail, organization, and strong sense of urgency
- Designing software and producing scalable and resilient technical designs
- Creating Automated Unit Tests using Flexible/Open Source Frameworks using a Test Driven Development / Behavior Driven Development approach
- Digesting and understanding Business Requirements and designing new modules/functionality which meet needs.
- Utilize agile methodologies and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation
- Manage code quality for total build effort.
- Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations
- Research and evaluate solutions and make recommendations
- Minimum 10 + years of financial application development/consulting experience.
- Solid experience in Core Java/ J2EE design techniques
- 3-4 years of hands on Hadoop development specifically in the following areas:
- Kafka Real time messaging
- Hbase modeling and development
- Spark processing and performance tuning
- Sqoop data ingestions
- Parquet file partitioning
- Micro Services Design and Development
- Exposure/competence with Agile Development approach
- Solid experience utilizing Source code control software (e.g. GIT, Subversion)
- Multi-threaded Programming
- RDBMS experience preferably with Oracle including stored procedures
- Test Driven Development/Behavior Driven Development
- Code Reviews – PMD, JUNIT, Performance, Memory Management
Desirable (but not essential):
- Experience with Cloud native application development, Cloud deployment, and Cloud application refactoring
- Continuous Integration/Development
- UNIX shell scripting (1+ year)
- Experience with Rule Engines
- Experience with Natural Language Processing
- Demonstrate Continual Improvement in terms of Individual Performance
- Strong communication skills
- Bright and enthusiastic, self-directed
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills