Managing Director, Compensation Executive for the Corporate and Investment Bank
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Global Compensation team has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Compensation Executive to lead and manage Compensation for the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB).
J.P. Morgan is a premier corporate and investment bank with a full suite of global financial services and capabilities. The world’s most important corporations, governments, financial institutions, pensions, sovereign wealth organizations, states and municipalities entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We offer strategic advice, lend money, raise capital, help manage risk, extend liquidity, buy and sell securities and provide many other banking services in markets around the world.
Reporting directly to the firm’s Global Head of Compensation and functionally to the CIB Human Resources Executive, the Head of Compensation will be responsible for leading the businesses compensation strategy, planning, policies, programs, and effectiveness and for ensuring that all plans and programs are competitive, current with all regulations, and meet the business needs. Compensation is an integral part of our talent management strategy and plays a critical role in our ability to attract, retain and motivate our workforce.
The individual will manage a team of HR professionals performing a variety of compensation activities, including providing subject matter expertise and guidance to Senior Business, Function and HR management regarding compensation decisions affecting employees, managing/leading annual compensation planning processes, and analyzing and reporting internal and external market compensation and other comparative data.
The role will lead the CIB Compensation function, developing the compensation strategy, policy and planning as well as program design and implementation, in partnership with business executives and HR colleagues. The individual will ensure the design, implementation and governance of our annual discretionary incentive compensation and salary administration; in addition, the incumbent will partner with HR Regulatory Affairs and other control partners to support the regulatory related work efforts.
- Acts as the trusted advisor and lead consultant to clients on all compensation related matters as part of the CIB HR Management Team to deliver compensation programs and procedures that align with the firm’s compensation strategy and enable the business to attract, motivate and retain top talent.
- Participate in the firm-wide Compensation Management team to influence, shape and contribute to the firm-wide compensation agenda.
- Develops and implements compensation strategies and programs that support long term strategic business plans within the broader framework of the firm and CIB HR objectives.
- Partners with business executives and control partners on business aligned incentive programs including design, plan performance and controls.
- Work with finance and the business to determine, communicate and implement compensation plans that include specific performance measures and ensure proper reporting and accounting as appropriate.
- Work with HR Regulatory Affairs, the LOB HR Exec and Control partners to support regulatory related work efforts, including on-going business processes and periodic exams.
- Stay current on emerging trends in the industry; actively assess firm practices and policies; understand the competitive landscape and regulatory/legislative fronts; and assess the impact they have to the business and on compensation practices. Communicates key messages and best practices to clients and helps achieves results that position Chase as a market leader.
- Build and lead a team of world class compensation professionals by: educating, developing and empowering them to exceed expectations; ensuring a culture of meritocracy and career mobility.