J.P. Morgan Custody & Fund Services:
J.P. Morgan Custody - global leader with $22 trillion in assets under custody, provides Institutional investors access to markets worldwide for the settlement, safekeeping and asset servicing of securities, along with ancillary services such as Foreign Exchange and Liquidity Solutions. J.P. Morgan’s Custody and Fund Services (C&FS) business is comprised of Custody, Accounting, Transfer Agency, Middle Office outsourcing, Foreign Exchange, and other activities related to servicing assets for traditional and alternative funds; it leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 100 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateral management and alternative investment services.
Product Development Overview:
The role of Product Development is to partner with the broader team to set the strategic direction of the Traditional Fund Services (TFS) business, develop new products for the business and work with prospects and clients on new services. The ideal candidate is an energetic individual, with a strong understanding of TFS, who can develop and deliver market leading products that enhance client satisfaction; support sustainable business growth and deliver positive shareholder value add (SVA). He /she would be expected to have a working knowledge of the FS Business, with expertise in at-least two areas.
The role could be based in either Mumbai or Bangalore, but will involve interaction with J.P. Morgan teams across the globe.
Key Role & Responsibilities:
- Analyze and define requirements to improve the automation, maintenance and exception management of Securities, Trades, Pricing, Corporate action and Reconciliation streams for large clients.
- Participate in complex change global programs in Fund Services – those with significant scale, complexity & budget
- Work with the global product team to come up with a standard client offering
- Apply critical thinking to understand requirements; identify, evaluate and propose solutions where necessary developing and supporting sustainable effective processes with appropriate control mechanisms
- Drive requirements gathering, definition and the documentation of requirements to the required quality level
- Assist in implementing and maintaining the proper governance structure based upon each individual project challenging the current processes and organization to effect changes that improve profitability/ efficiency, controls and risk reduction
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of existing product capabilities and designing innovative solutions to new opportunities to build a scalable, efficient market leading service offering.
- 2-5 years of industry experience in Fund Services business
- In-depth practical understanding of Fund Accounting and Alternative Investments in onshore and offshore locations – knowledge of various asset classes, reconciliations, asset servicing, trade processing and pricing are required
- Ability to understand a diverse and complex technology and operations infrastructure
- Working knowledge of FIS InvestOne product is an advantage.
- Ability to devise creative solutions in response to client requests and strategic product goals
- Ability to map proposed product solutions against a diverse and complex technology and operations platform
- Strong analytical skills, able to translate complex issues and other input into actions
- Strong team player with an ability to pull together multiple partners in a productive virtual team environment
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Willingness to constructively challenge where required and work collaboratively with partners
- Being a self-starter with strong leadership skills