CIB – Investor Services – Custody & Fund Services
Client Service and Solutions – Associate – Mumbai
J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB):
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan Custody & Fund Services:
J.P. Morgan Custody - global leader with $22 trillion in assets under custody, provides Institutional investors access to markets worldwide for the settlement, safekeeping and asset servicing of securities, along with ancillary services such as Foreign Exchange and Liquidity Solutions. J.P. Morgan’s Custody and Fund Services (C&FS) business is comprised of Custody, Accounting, Transfer Agency, Middle Office outsourcing, Foreign Exchange, and other activities related to servicing assets for traditional and alternative funds; it leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 100 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateral management and alternative investment services.
Client Service and Solutions:
The team has overall accountability for ensuring our Client’s global service requirements are achieved end-to-end and across Custody & Fund Services (‘C&FS’), with consistent delivery across Markets & Investor Services. We are their primary contact and are an advisor on all C&FS service related matters. We partner with Sales in improving and retaining client relationships, while maintaining a strategic understanding of the client’s operating model. We organize our clients into industry ‘segments’ such as Asset Managers, Pension, Sovereign Wealth and Banks. This allows us to understand the specific requirements and behaviors of the segment and ensure our service offering meets those requirements while positioning ourselves to build strong and lasting partnerships on strategic initiatives.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
As part of a Client Service team covering a client segment, accountable for ensuring Client’s daily global service requirements are achieved end-to-end:
- Maintain strategic understanding of Client’s overall business, operating model and trading strategies in an effort to assist them to operate in a streamlined fashion with the JPM platform
- Assist in coordinating activities with the global operation and front office teams based in the Americas, EMEA and APAC to manage client inquiries
- Support Client Service team on client focused projects as well as internal/business transformation initiatives.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports for clients as well as for internal partners and respond to client queries
- Liaise with multiple product teams e.g. Fund Accounting, Performance Reporting, etc. to consolidate the information required for clients
- Analyze client key performance indicators (KPIs) and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) to identify client trends and provide root cause explanations to facilitate CSM meetings with clients
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities that significantly enhance efficiency, quality and client satisfaction
- Perform functions related to risk and quality control including; entitlements and dormant account reviews, fee billing audits, billing receivables, list preparation, client onboarding, account closings, outstanding tax documentation and reclaims, standing instructions, etc.
Required Skills / Experience:
- MBA preferred with 7-10 years of experience in Financial Services with client servicing and/or operations, fund accounting or custody background
- Strong presentation skills, persuasive speaking and oral skills are a prerequisite
- Strong executive presence, strategic thinking and influencing skills
- Strong organizational, project management and planning skill sets
- Is able to summarize, simplify and communicate detailed and complex information to a broad range of team members across the seniority spectrum, whether verbally or written
- An understanding of the major financial markets and securities
- Compliance mindset with a solid understanding of risks associated with the broad array of services offered