Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. Chase serves nearly half of America's households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. Customers can choose how and where they want to bank: 5,200 branches, 16,000 ATMs, mobile, online and by phone. For more information, go to Chase.com.
Marketing and Communications at Chase starts with identifying what our customers truly need—and then finding unique ways to communicate how our products and services can help make their lives better. Marketing and Communications impacts the firm's lines of business through best-in-class strategy and execution. Embraced as an integral part of the business, the organization develops marketing strategies and executes communication strategies that support business needs and goals.
HERE’S WHAT WE NEED:
Responsible for partnering with the Copywriter to come up with initial ideas and shepherd a project from initial concept to finished execution. Your skills are part technical and part production but primarily focused on conceiving and designing the visual expression of strategic business objectives. You can transform a business communications objective into a compelling, consumer oriented idea and understand the importance of combining visuals and headline thoughts to be more than the sum of their parts. You understand the difference between an idea and an execution. You’ll work in digital, print, mobile and social, with copywriters, coders, production artists, web developers and creative directors to turn business strategies into creative solutions.
HERE’S WHAT YOU need:
· An online portfolio demonstrating your work is a must. You can’t be considered without it.
· A minimum of an associate’s (2 year) degree in advertising, communication design, digital design, graphic design or visual arts. A bachelor’s (4 year) degree is preferred.
· Experience working in direct response digital media (banners, websites, email, etc.)
· At least five years of design experience in an agency or corporate environment.
· Proficiency on Mac OS platform a must. PC knowledge a plus. Thorough knowledge of Adobe CS6 (including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop).
· Knowledge of digital (html, etc.) and video/animation software (Flash, After Effects) is a plus.
· A good eye for photography and a basic understanding of good UX design principles.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Your primary responsibilities will be in art direction and graphic design with an emphasis on idea generation. In addition you’ll have the opportunity to:
· Interact with Creative Director and Copywriters to develop creative concepts and executions.
· Learn about the strategy and market dynamics of the products you work on.
· Work closely with account executives to meet established SLAs and deadlines.
· Advise client on all technical visual recommendations and/or issues as needed.
· Participate in strategy input and creative meetings.
· Assist in making presentations to client as needed.
· Provide detailed direction to production artists and assist in the development of their skills.
Here’s what you have:
● A working knowledge of multimedia design and experience building print and digital files
● Well-honed computer photo-retouching and image development skills.
· Demonstrated understanding of color theory and color relationships.
· An understanding of the terms that identify type forms and the specifications required to refer to typographic settings (i.e., points, leading, picas, kerning, tracking, cap-height, x-height etc.).
· Enough print production knowledge to be functionally competent
· The ability to effectively manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions
· The patience to manage challenging situations both internally and with the client.
· Digital and print production process and knowledge of production techniques.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.