About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With nearly $20 trillion of assets under custody, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Production Support Engineer will manage and actively engage with production technology incidents to resolution, ensuring timely engagement, escalation and effective communication to business, technology and vendor partners. Having worked in a production support environment for a financial organization is highly desirable. knowledge of trading and messaging applications running in a distributed environment is beneficial.
You will be responsible for:
- Messaging and Trading applications being available to the business during
the agreed operational times and within theset SLA's
- Resolving incidents based on priorities
- Support change management procedures for code deployment and actively
engage with AD
- Strive for best practices and follow the ITIL framework
- Work closely with business partners throughout the requirements gathering,
understanding the problem andtroubleshooting issues to resolution
- Document functional/technical specifications
- Analyze/trouble shoot production issues escalated from production support
- Provide feedback to improve the stability of the environment
- Proactively identify common root causes of issues and address to improve
overall production stability
- Engage with Technology and Operations project teams through the project life
cycle to ensure successful delivery.
- Ability to work with teams in multiple geographic locations and time zones.
- Provide support of Production Application's and ensure a high availability to
internal and external users/clients by responding to application related issues
- Performs daily checks of Production processes to insure that service
deliveries occur in a controlled and timely fashion
- Ensure all applications meet audit and compliance regulations
- 3-5 years of experience in UNIX OS and UNIX Shell scripting
- Oracle PL/SQL skills required
- At least 3 years of experience with ORACLE, PL/SQL, UNIX, Shell Scripting,
MQ, WMB, AutoSys Job Scheduling
- Strong analytical & trouble shooting
- Excellent interpersonal relationship, communication and presentation and
- ITIL V3
- Knowledge of financial systems/market a strong plus
- Experience on projects utilising Agile methodology a strong plus
- Experience in Disaster Recovery planning and test execution
- Exhibits problem solving skills and shows flexibility in supporting evolution in
process, standards, and strategy
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.