CIB - Custody Middle Office - Client Facing - Associate - Brooklyn
Req #: 180001080
Job Category: Account Servicing
J.P. Morgan is a leader
in financial services, offering innovative and intelligent solutions to clients
in more than 100 countries with one of the most comprehensive global product
platforms available. We have been helping our clients to do business and manage
their wealth for more than 200 years and we keep their interests foremost in
our minds at all times. This combination of product strength, intellectual
capital and character sets us apart as an industry leader. J.P. Morgan is part
of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a global financial services firm.
J.P. Morgan Custody
provides Institutional investors access to markets worldwide for the
settlement, safekeeping and asset servicing of securities, along with ancillary
services such as Foreign Exchange and Liquidity Solutions. This product suite,
along with our Markets business, helps us service our core client segments:
Asset Managers, Asset Owners, Insurance/GSEs, Banks/Broker Dealers and Hedge
Funds and Alternatives. We are committed to delivering investor solutions that
help clients protect their portfolios, optimize their efficiency and maximize
opportunities in diverse global markets.
The CFS Middle Office Department
is responsible for ensuring all aspects of operations for clients are
completed, transactions are processed on time, exceptions are resolved
proactively; provide single point of contact team and subject matter expertise
to the clients. Middle Office covers trade instruction capture, settlement;
fail management, cash instruction capture, projections, overdrafts, asset
servicing instruction capture, dividends, foreign exchange, collateral,
derivatives lifecycle management and bank loans.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Working with various internal teams such as trade
processing, prematching, settlements, cash processing, account
- Opening and asset servicing to process transactions and
resolve any exceptions on a timely manner.
- Respond to and resolve client inquiries on a timely
- Perform root cause analysis for their respective
clients to increase STP and reduce client inquiries.
- Establish and maintain relationships with operations
& middle office contacts at clients.
- Work as part of the global team performing follow the
sun hand offs to ensure a smooth global coverage for global clients.
- Partner with client service teams to help change client
behavior where required to remove manual processes.
- Partner with technology strategy team to help identify
internal and external facing technology improvement opportunities.
- Ensure all day to day queries dealt with within
required SLAs and escalate issues to the team leader.
- High level of client service focus.
- Provide operations subject matter expertise and value
added services to clients where required.
- Strong time management skills required to meet the
internal and external deadlines/cutoffs.
- Meeting with clients in
person along with client service.
- Strong business knowledge is preferred/Added advantage
of Global Custody/Prime Brokerage.
- Strong knowledge of equity, fixed income & FX
- Excellent grasp and understanding of trade lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and
adept at communicating with all levels of the business and
- technical parts of the organization
- Knowledge of Global markets and settlement practices
- Operate effectively in a dynamic environment with tight
deadlines, and can prioritize one’s own work to achieve them
- Strong MS office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Excellent prior custody & fund services,
markets or prime brokerage operational experience along with managing
- Ability to work closely with business partners and
interact with all staff levels
- Ability to be flexible, follow tight deadlines,
organize and prioritize work
- Experience of working on large scale, multi-stream
- Strategic thinking coupled with practical execution
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills including
taking the initiative to drive change and enhance controls
- Ability to manage through a changing business landscape
- Candidate must have a control focused agenda, and a
thorough understanding of program/project risk
- Anticipate issues and aggressively drive initiatives to
- Self-starter and ability to learn quickly
People and Communication:
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation
skills including the ability to communicate strategic messages clearly and
consistently with the team, making linkages to individual goals and
- Strong relationship management and partnership with a
large array of constituents; ability to manage by influence to promote
- Leadership with proven ability to manage by influence
to promote change
- Proactive in identifying and escalating issues
Business and Subject Matter Knowledge:
- Strong financial markets product knowledge and
understanding of the transaction lifecycle in Custody and/or
- Subject matter expertise in Equities, Fixed Income, FX,
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent