Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries We serve more than 50 million consumers and small businesses through more than 5,600 bank branches, 18,700 ATMs, credit cards, mortgage offices and online and mobile banking as well as through relationships with auto dealerships.
Within Chase, Merchant Services is a leading provider of merchant services, offering proprietary platforms that enable integrated solutions for all payment types, including credit, debit, prepaid stored value and electronic check processing as well as digital, alternative and mobile payment options.
This position is global in reach, working with teams across the US and India. Our business is highly innovative, and technologies we rely upon are ever changing. Our teams are agile in nature, and are rapidly taking on new capabilities, tools and methods including Automation, DevOps, Continuous Integration and Cloud. Successful candidates will demonstrate technical acumen across a broad reach of technologies, and have the proven ability to adapt to an ever changing environment.
As a member of the Payments Technology Production Engineering team, the successful candidate will also be a lead engineer in the Proactive Centre of Excellence within the Payments Technology Production Management organization.
This position will be responsible for the following
- Automation – Leading and driving the identification and implementation of automation opportunities across the application and infrastructure environment
- Monitoring - drive monitoring operations visibility through tools such as Geneos, Prognosis, Splunk and Dynatrace. Work closely with the monitoring team to improve thresholds and alerting of critical flows. Assist with Root Cause Analysis (RCA). Utilize monitoring tools to identify impacts and assess ongoing issues.
- Cloud adoption – partnering with AD and infrastructure teams to ensure Digital applications are Cloud ready in terms of resiliency, supportability and reliability
- DevOps – providing an holistic view of the technical environment end-to-end, reaching across functional borders to increase collaboration and effectiveness
- Continuous Integration – participation in Agile teams to enable swift and secure continuous integration that is Production ready
- Application Optimization - in partnership with AD, identify redundant points of interaction, wasted resource consumption and proactively identify customer experience issues
- Resiliency – Engineer modern deployment methods and drive remediation of resiliency gaps, partner with Application Development to drive resolution, and own the acceptance of the result.
- Delivery –participate in architectural design reviews to ensure Production considerations and non-functional requirements are understood included in stories and definition of done.