JPMorgan Chase & Co.
(NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
The Application Support Lead within a Production Management team is responsible for technical support of production applications and infrastructure.
Application Support Analyst handles all support requests, incidents, issues, tickets and business continuity activities, to ensure flawless and quality delivery of services to end users. This is a critical role requiring a highly dedicated individual who can take ownership and provide procedural and technical support to various teams and work in partnership with internal/external stakeholders.
In addition to driving resolution of day-to-day issues, major incidents, and outages to resolution, the Application Support Lead will work hand-in-hand with application development, infrastructure and implementation teams.
The ideal candidate should be detail oriented, have strong verbal and written communication skills, able to multi task and can work independently and is a team performer. You should also have a proactive approach to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outage.
This is a senior application support position where you will be pivotal as we transform to Agile/DevOps model , some of the areas of work will include automation, monitoring (alerting/logging), deployment and continuous integration working closely with our AD/Infrastructure partners.
Manage day to day issues including daily health checks of applications and processes, working closely with end users, development staff and Infrastructure teams, to prioritize and resolve and/or mitigate outages.
- Monitor production activities/processes to ensure timely and effective reporting, tracking, follow-up and communication of problems to internal and external clients, technical resources.
- Ensures information controls, back-up and recovery strategies are in place across all environments.
- Implement continuous process improvement, including but not limited to policy, procedures, and production monitoring.
- Help in identifying, coordinating, and implementing initiatives/projects and activities that create efficiencies and optimize technical processing
- Develop and maintain relationships with technical staff, end users and clients.
- Carefully evaluate alternative risks and solutions before taking action to provide timely resolution.
- Demonstrate creativity, innovation and high performance.
- Resource management and provide technical leadership/oversight to the team.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Production Support/Engineering.
- 5+ years experience managing UNIX/Linux/Aix environment.
- 5+ years experience with distributed applications (Oracle, SQL, SQL Server, UNIX, Linux, Java, Java servlets and JSP, Spring, Hibernate, SOAP, web services etc.)
- 1-3 years experience in UNIX shell, Perl, Python, Ruby or similar scripting languages.
- 1-3 years experience apache/tomcat/WebSphere and WebLogic.
- Strong analytical & trouble shooting skills required.
- Experience in Disaster Recovery planning and test execution.
- Knowledge of Splunk, WILY, Geneos, Dynatrace is a plus.
- Knowledge working in Scrum/Kanban is a plus.
- Experience supporting mission-critical platforms/applications desirably in financial services industry,
- Experience in a client facing role (external or internal)
- Strong knowledge of applicable business areas, the supporting technology architecture, and applicable processes
- Strong knowledge of relevant applications and development of life cycles
- Ability to influence and drive change at senior levels
- Leadership skills, drive for continuous improvement
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship and negotiating skills
- Commitment to attract, develop and retain talent
- Excellent problem management skills and relentless drive for root cause and execute measures to reduce repeat occurrence.
- Able to multi task in a high pace environment and drive efficiencies to change the bank.
- Takes Ownership and is solutions oriented
- Team player and able to work effectively across multiple teams and LOBS