J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors.
India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
We are a team of statisticians, economists, and other analytics professionals, focused on statistical modeling within Finance in the retail banking division of JPMorgan Chase & Co. We answer complex quantitative questions, using a wide variety of analytical techniques and leveraging one of the world’s largest data warehouse implementations. We do this in close tandem with our partners throughout the Finance organization at JPMorgan Chase, to help them make, execute, and assess critical business decisions.
This position will build models and manage other modelers to answer questions and create forecasts for groups across
Finance. Key responsibilities of the position will include:
- Building statistical or econometric models for budgeting, financial analysis, or to satisfy regulatory requirements (CCAR/DFAST)
- Identifying data anomalies and other cases when more investigation is required as part of the model-building process
- Communicating results across a wide variety of audiences, including Finance partners, modeling teams in Risk, and Model Governance
- Performing ad hoc statistical analysis to answer immediate business questions
- Hiring and developing a team of modelers to build models, communicate results, and perform other statistical analysis
Sample projects include:
- Budget and regulatory (CCAR) models for deposit growth, fee revenue, or other business drivers
- Forecasting the performance of branches or bankers, in order to optimize the branch network and staffing
- Creating price elasticity models to optimize deposit and loan pricing
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.