J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
The Corporate Risk team provides a stringent governance and control framework and focuses on aggregate Firmwide exposures and risk mitigation. The Corporate Risk team supports the firm’s belief in a holistic approach to risk analysis by focusing on key Risk disciplines across the individuals businesses. Disciplines include: Credit Risk, Market Risk, Principal Risk, Operational Risk, Country Risk, Model Risk, Legal Risk, Fiduciary Risk and Reputation Risk.
Within the broader Risk organization the Risk Controller team is responsible for ensuring the overall integrity and validity of Firmwide Risk data. Overall the team is responsible for the following functions:
- Align Firmwide Risk information with external disclosures to create an integrated view of Finance & Risk.
- Produce SEC and External Regulatory Reporting in compliance with evolving guidelines.
- Lead Risk through the annual Firmwide Resolution & Recovery planning process including Firmwide crisis simulation.
- Provide coordinated Business and Project Management support focused on strategic business objectives.
Roles & Responsibilities:
As a Principal Risk Controller the ideal candidate will contribute to the end to end control design and execution of CCAR and SEC Reporting controls; including documentation of controls and ultimately reporting controls status.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Engaging with Subject Matter Experts and other key stakeholders to implement key Regulatory deliverables for the Risk Controllers organization and the Firm as a whole.
· Supporting the ongoing assessment of the control environment through the performance of reconciliations and consolidation of control metrics to syndicate the health of the data to senior members of the organization.
· Maintaining strong working relationships with Risk & Finance and line of business partners, facilitating effective communication, and working with business teams to assess needs, understand regulatory requirements and execute the team agenda.