JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
We are actively seeking a Tech Ops Analyst to support 30,000+ Windows servers running a diverse set of technologies.
We are seeking:
Tech Ops Analyst – Windows Server, Server Operations
Description of the role
Server Operations (SO) is responsible for service support and delivery for JPMorgan Chase's Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI). Server Operations provides global, coordinated diagnostic and support services for over 30,000 servers, worldwide. Support functions leverage and execute industry-leading infrastructure management and support processes that are designed to minimize customer outages and impacts.
As a Tech Ops Analyst, you will be a technical member of the Server Operations organization, responsible for supporting the global Windows server estate. This includes working with business partners and peer groups to ensure quick recovery and minimal impact for identified issues. Following and maintaining documentation are important to the success of the engineer and the team as a whole.
- Support and maintain Windows based servers.
- Daily support of inbound incident volume, inbound calls, and other engagement vehicles.
- Troubleshoot and provide technical analysis concerning operating system, network, and application performance issues to resolution. Provide root cause analysis when needed.
- Respond to customer requests for configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting for infrastructure and business applications.
- Operating system remediation according to risk standards.
- Support patching, ticket queue maintenance, execution of change controls, anti-virus upgrades, and security remediation as needed.
- Effective and timely communication with partners in regard to downtime, project updates, and troubleshooting progress
- Maintain operating system and application software patch levels on all servers
- Manage changing daily priorities based on classification and impact.
- Provide detailed technical documentation as needed.
Can you help us maintain lifelong, engaged relationships with our customers and help us continue to build on our reputation of our performance brand in this dynamic role?
- 5-7 + years of Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems Administration
- Experience in a large enterprise environment desired
- Microsoft HA Windows Clustering and Veritas Software foundations skill set desired.
- Well versed in TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, and Active Directory, with troubleshooting experience.
- Proven experience supporting Enterprise class infrastructure
- Experience supporting business critical application and infrastructure environments is required.
- Must have production environment experience along with SDLC and Change Control processes experience
- Excellent client interfacing skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with various levels of management.
- Experience operating with colleagues across different time zones and flexibility in order to successfully interact and communicate on a global level.
Intermediate knowledge in the skills below a PLUS
- IIS 7.5, 7.0, 6.0, 5.0
- VMWare technology and ESX server (and troubleshooting experience)
- Storage technologies and connectivity
- Scripting (Power Shell is a plus) and task automation
- 3rd party application software desirable (and troubleshooting experience)
- Symantec Anti-Virus Products
- Automation skills plus
- Linux, AIX or Solaris OS admin skills a PLUS
- Windows Server Security and best practices