Responsible for lead team on daily bond agency settlement processing for China LIB Head office and ensure all operational tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
In additional to supervise daily BAU processing, this role require establish operating model for bond agency business, as well as support on Project Management on system rollout out.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION
The operational responsibilities include:
• Collect offshore investor related documentation from sales, do PBOC filing and open Cash & security account in CDC/SCH on behalf of offshore investor;
• Check offshore investor settlement instruction, ensure it is captured accuracy;
• Perform Security settlement via CDC/SCH system on behalf of offshore investor;
• Monitor bond event on behalf of offshore investor, conduct settlement for coupon payment/bond redemption to offshore investor;
• Provide bond settlement report and position report to offshore investor;
• Provide bond agency fee statement to offshore investor;
• Produce local regulatory reports and internal MIS reports
• Establish/update Standard Operational Procedures (SOP) which include control measures and ensure the SOPs are in strict compliance with internal policies as well as governing rules and regulations
• Participate in Bond agency settlement system functionality design and development
The control responsibilities include:
• Adhere to all control standards including local regulatory requirements and global policies
• Participate in internal and external audit, such as local regulator on-site inspection, clearance of all internal and external audit recommendations within stipulated timeframe
• Control Self Assessments are completed thoroughly and on time
Staff Management responsibilities
The daily management of Operational staffs include:
• Supervise and manage the overall performance of junior team members; objectives setting, staffs coaching and feedback as per appraisal cycle.
• Involvement in employee selection, career development and succession planning
• Ascertaining staff training requirements, ensures team member are provided with appropriate training
• At least 8-10 years bank/financial industry working experience.
• Have strong product knowledge on fixed income.
• Be familiar with local regulation on Bond Agency settlement, ensure all the processing is in line with local regulation.
• Obtain CDC & Shanghai Clearing house license.
• Strong connection with local industry & local regulator with evident proof on market influence
• Have a team leader experience at least for 2-3 man team
• Fluent in speaking, reading & writing skills in both English & Chinese Mandarin
• Strong control mindset, sound specific industry knowledge & strong project co-ordination skills
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.