As an experienced professional in our Cybersecurity organization, you’re equally committed to watching over our data today, as well as finding innovative new ways to protect it in the future. To do that, you’ll help lead a highly motivated team laser-focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. You’ll use your leadership skills to give guidance, best practice advice and support across all our business and technology groups. You’ll take the lead on incident response, risk reviews and vulnerability assessments, identifying threats, all of which ladder up to driving and selecting cost-effective solutions. You’ll deploy best practices, new policies, and emerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap. You’ll keep management, executive directors, managing directors and stakeholders in the loop, as well as managing people and budgets. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
The Web Security Specialist will be a member of the Endpoint Security team. The team defines and maintains the firm-wide security baselines for platforms, web, database, messaging and related infrastructure services. This role will support the end to end secure deployment of Web Application Infrastructure. The role requires experience in both defensive and offensive Web Application Security. You will research, develop and define security baselines for Web Middleware products. You will also proactively identify weakness in existing Web Middleware products using offensive security techniques and lead the risk reduction efforts. To be successful in this role, the candidate should have expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Web Application Penetration Testing
- Engineering Web Middleware products like WebSphere Application Server, Tomcat, Apache, etc.
- Application Security design
- Establish security baseline for the Web Middleware products and define associated firm-wide security controls.
- Identify risks proactively using offensive security techniques and lead risk reduction efforts.
- Create an execution strategy that focuses on embedding Web security controls into existing practices.
- Enable ground floor security reviews of new technology and technology deployment approaches.
- Ability to keep abreast with latest threats, attack techniques and mitigation strategies
- Experience as an Architect/Engineer within secure Web/Application development arenas.
- Strong experience in cybersecurity design/engineering.
- Expertise with Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere, Weblogic and/or Siteminder.
- In depth knowledge of web application vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques e.g. OWASP, NIST, SANS, etc.
- Experience with offensive security tools like Nmap, Nessus, Burp Suite, Metasploit, etc
- Skills in conducting security design reviews and identifying associated vulnerabilities.
- Strong programming/scripting experience – Java, .NET, Python, Perl, Bash, Shell, etc.
- Strong Linux and/or RedHat (RHEL)/UNIX experience
- Reverse engineering techniques to identify security vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of network security architecture concepts, including topology, protocols and principles.
- Excellent command of Cybersecurity organization practices, operations risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies
- Keen understanding of national and international laws, regulations, policies and ethics related to financial industry cybersecurity
- Noted cybersecurity expert, keeping technical skills current and participating in multiple forums
- Expertise in Agile and can work with at least one of the common frameworks
- Ability to identify network attacks and systemic security issues as they relate to threats and vulnerabilities, with focus on recommendations for enhancements or remediation
Your expertise in cyber, combined with your desire to provide innovative security services, will be an asset to our Cybersecurity team. Help deliver high-quality security solutions across all our lines of business around the world by creating, designing, implementing, and maintaining next-level technology. The work you’ll do is vital, as it will protect over $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits every day.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.