Corporate - Firmwide Market Risk Regulatory and Policy Associate
JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, commercial banking, financial services for small business and consumers, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
Firmwide Market Risk is an independent risk group within Corporate Risk Management, which identifies, measures, monitors and controls market risk. Market risk management seeks to facilitate efficient risk/return decisions, reduce volatility in operating performance and ensure that the firm's market risk profile is transparent to senior management, the Board of Directors and regulators. Firmwide Market Risk works closely with the Market Risk teams aligned to each Line of Business and other partner teams including Risk Reporting, Risk Policy, Regulatory Risk, Market Risk Middle Office, Business Middle Offices and Model Review to set Market Risk policy and a consistent framework for Market Risk across the firm, and to share best practices across LOB Market Risk teams.
The Market Risk Aggregation, Governance and Strategy (MRAGS) team has oversight and management of the following items, inclusive of activities in Firmwide Market Risk (FWMR) and business aligned Market Risk teams: providing market risk analysis at the firmwide level, oversight of Market Risk policy, coordination of regulatory initiatives, developing and implementing a Market Risk legal entity framework, providing oversight to the operational processes that generate market risk information, oversight and tracking of projects and control initiatives, etc.
The Firmwide Market Risk Regulatory and Policy group within MRAGs is seeking an Associate for the team, based in New York. The role will report directly to the Firmwide Market Risk Regulatory and Policy VP. The role entails supporting the VP in managing the end to end process for the review and update of the suite of Market Risk policies and procedures (including legal entity guidance), ensuring conformance with Firmwide policy standards, coordinating engagement with both CIB and Non-CIB group contacts on regulatory engagements/developments for management reporting and assessment of impact to relevant Market Risk policies, preparing materials (ad hoc analysis, decks, spreadsheets, documents, etc) for management as part of regulatory (or other) requests, participating in legal entity risk governance discussions to implement/vet Market Risk related disclosures, participating in initiatives geared towards ensuring that Market Risk policy/procedure guidance remains in synch with the evolving regulatory landscape. The role will require:
- Strong communication and collaboration across both CIB and Non-CIB Market Risk teams, MRAGS, Risk Policy, Market Risk Reporting, other CIB and Non-CIB Control functions, as appropriate.
- Taking ownership of specific policy reviews, in terms of assessment of clarify of content and accuracy of details captured, and ensuring timeliness of approval process
- Being self-motivated in terms of reviewing policy guidance, appreciating background/context, highlighting issues, while coordinating the process with the policy VP and management as appropriate
- Being organized in terms of meeting deadlines while managing multiple deliverables
- Participating in multiple legal entity, regulatory, policy and risk control initiatives, providing timely and relevant updates to management (preparing supporting materials as needed) and highlighting/capturing impact to relevant Market Risk policies as appropriate.
- Market risk or other risk management experience; product and/or policy knowledge, strongly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills / strong judgment/ strong presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to identify important themes/potential issues and communicate these clearly and quickly
- Self-motivated with a strong control mindset
- Good project management skills
- Strong Word and good Excel /Power Point / Pitch Pro skills as well as ability to learn publishing application
- Ability to work independently while knowing when to ask for assistance as appropriate
Good eye for implementing best practices based on lessons learned