J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits
The Documentation Project Manager will work with various teams across AWM to manage client facing documentation initiatives, prioritization and scheduling needed to govern the creation and use of the central disclosure process. The Documentation Project Manager will partner with stakeholders to ensure all disclosures are compliant with regulatory standards, due diligence requirements and will ensure we adhere to Quality Assurance standards. To be successful, the selected candidate must have a strong background in project management disciplines, relevant documentation experience and the ability to influence varying levels of staff to incorporate new guiding principles into existing documentation processes. The candidate must have a proven track record of effective leadership relative to change management and process re-engineering. The incumbent will be responsible and accountable for the development of operating model while driving initiatives to enhance the client experience.
The Documentation Project Manager will drive strategic and tactical plans, including automation and process reengineering initiatives, with an ability to anticipate and overcome barriers. They will also drive critical thinking activities and proactively seeks out best practices.
The successful candidate will lead issue resolution, collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to execute consistently on deliverables and communicate status updates and strategic direction to this community.
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Drives results through leadership, people, communication and influence
- Comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict and informed risk taking
- Multi-tasker who can manage multiple streams of work concurrently
- Willingness to make decisions, while ensuring buy in from stakeholders.
- Ability to challenge and influence stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from an operations perspective
- Partnering with a variety of teams to collect required client facing documents and associated information to meet all regulatory and internal polices
- Ability to quickly learn document attributes and associated requirements and process to train and guide the Disclosure Operations Team
- Maintain a governance and reporting structure to ensure objectives are clearly defined, deliverables are documented with associated metrics to measure output and all team members remain engaged and on track with target deadlines
- Serve as senior escalation point of contact
- Act as a subject matter resource on disclosure operations procedures
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent military experience
- 7 to 10+ years of experience with in a financial services, operational or compliance fields
- A "can do" attitude is a must with a passion for driving best practices
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently; able to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to successfully navigate a complex infrastructure that involves numerous groups and individuals
- Consultative in approach, understanding and anticipating business partner needs and proactively delivering solutions.
- Ability to directly address conflicts and escalate issues where appropriate.
- Proficient with technology and systems and capable of applying knowledge to operations and understanding the overall infrastructure and business implications.
- Continuous improvement and change management mindset, questioning conventional ways of managing the business and driving change to improve processes.
- Proactive control and risk management, addressing gaps in processes and escalating issues to benefit the business and clients in a dynamic environment.
- Proactive and responsive communicator, maintaining frequent contact with business partners, listening to understand needs, and taking ownership of incoming and outgoing messages.
- Inspires and motivates others by understanding business drivers, developing and articulating the value proposition, challenging the status quo, and modelling desired behaviors and outcomes.