J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset & Wealth management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset & wealth Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
- Good people skills and ability to drive energy levels within the team
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills and highly result oriented
- Focus on quality and controlled environment.
- Attention to detail.
- A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow things through.
- Drives initiative within the team and can motivate and direct the team in the right direction.
- Excellent written & spoken English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Banking and Investment products. Knowledge of SWIFT would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the operating and compliance standards and audit requirements of the department
- Worked in an automated processing environment
- Banking Operations experience /knowledge required, Private Banking operations experience would be an added advantage.
- Experience working on TLM will be an added advantage.
- Have strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Have the ability to work independently and to proactively seek guidance from others as needed
- Strong team player and has the capacity to build good working relationships with cross functional/geographical teams
- Result oriented, accepting responsibilities and challenges that take them outside their comfort zone.
- Positive outlook and a desire to stretch themselves to achieve both personal and functional success.
- Create an environment orientated to trust, open communication, creative thinking & cohesive team effort.
- Motivate & inspire team members
- Lead by setting a good example (role model) – behavior consistent with words
- Facilitate problem solving & collaboration
- Maintain healthy group dynamics.
- Intervene when necessary to aid the group in resolving issues.
- Support new team members in working through induction programmes, ensure that they have the necessary knowledge to effectively participate on the team.
- Recognize & celebrate team & individual accomplishments & exceptional performance
- Contribute to staff appraisals & supervision process.
- Facilitate day-to-day work flow management.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained.
- Ability to derive trends across ageing breaks.
- Organize & facilitate regular staff meetings.
Perform appraisal and monthly performance reviews in line with defining SMART goals and objectives.