JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
CTC Risk manages the risk of the retained portfolio generated from the Chief Investment Office, Global Treasury, and “other” Corporate businesses (firmwide Pension Plan, Insurance programs, and Mortgage Servicing Rights). The CTC Chief Risk Officer (CRO) reports to the firmwide CRO and is responsible for the end to end risk framework within the CTC LOBs including, but not limited to, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Liquidity Risk, Structural Interest Rate Risk, Reputation Risk, Country Risk, Principal Risk, and Model Risk.
CTC seeks to hire a risk professional to join its Liquidity Risk Oversight function focusing on legal entities. Reporting into the Head of Legal Entity Liquidity Risk Oversight this individual will be responsible for liquidity risk related matters for a number of Latin American legal entities, including liquidity monitoring, metric development, reporting, policy design and risk management.
The independent Liquidity Risk Oversight group partners with other internal risk groups, Corporate Treasury, as well as senior management, to formalize funding strategies through normal and stress market environments. In addition, the team will frequently interact with external regulators.
The position offers opportunities to gain visibility into various market products, risk metrics and processes, and increase understanding in firmwide company initiatives. The position also offers opportunities to create a broad personal network across J.P. Morgan and for visibility to senior management.
- Provide independent oversight to Treasury’s and LOB’s adherence to the liquidity risk framework
- Work with Treasury, legal entity risk managers and relevant risk groups to establish and maintain the liquidity risk governance framework including policy review, limit monitoring, standards, and best practices
- Develop key risk analytic reports for senior management, business partners, various risk committees and regulators
- Develop and evaluate proposals for new liquidity risk monitoring, metrics and stress tests.
- Provide independent review and in-depth analysis of regulatory and internal stress scenarios and ad hoc requests, including analytical review of key market and behavioral assumptions
- Support efforts around development and execution of liquidity stress analysis and reporting around legal entity views, currency views and structural liquidity views
- Play a role in the development and build-out of the liquidity risk management process and infrastructure
- Interact and partner with LOBs and other corporate functions in order to understand, analyze and develop proposals regarding potential liquidity risk implications at a granular and holistic level
- Deal with regulatory requests regarding liquidity risk
- 5+ years of experience in risk management in any of the following: Liquidity risk, Treasury, Market risk or direct front office experience
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- High level of self-initiative required, including an ability to balance and execute multiple projects at once and deliver results under tight time constraints
- Understanding of stress testing, various return measures and experience with stress construction
- Understanding of fixed income market, including cross currency swaps, interest rates swaps, and basis risk
- Demonstrated effectiveness working independently and in multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (Spanish or Portuguese is an advantage)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with attention to detail across different businesses and functional areas
- Understanding of the governance and controls surrounding treasury functions and liquidity risk monitoring preferred
- Education: An undergraduate degree is required, science / mathematics / finance majors preferred.