About JPMorgan Chase & Co.: J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $21.2 trillion of assets under custody and $419.6 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Across our business, our goal is to help clients succeed, contribute to orderly and well-functioning markets and support global economic growth. J.P. Morgan has had a special relationship with our clients for more than 200 years.
About the Application:
J.P. Morgan Markets is an application hosting and delivery solution for both internal and external clients of the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB). It hosts applications across the whole trade lifecycle – Research, Analytics, Execution, Post-Trade, and Investor Services.
The Digital Intelligence team delivers metrics, analysis and insights on users and usage of multiple apps available on the J.P. Morgan Markets. Its objective is to help our executive team and business partners make better, data-driven, business decisions.
The incumbent is expected to have an in-depth knowledge of our data ecosystem, interact with business partners, and coordinate activities across multiple teams to enable the Digital Intelligence team provide valuable, data-driven actionable insights. The position requires strong technical, analytical and communication skills, experience with business intelligence tools, business acumen, and ability to work well with different teams in a constantly changing environment.
This role provides the unique and exciting opportunity to gain exposure to the full spectrum of the CIB’s financial applications.
• Work with business partners across CIB to identify business problems, understand objectives, gather requirements, and articulate strategic solutions
• Lead projects to create interactive dashboards, reports, and self-service tools to help business, product, and UX teams find relevant information and actionable insights
• Work with data scientist and technology teams to enhance the JPMM data model, fix data quality issues, and improve performance of business intelligence tools
• Partner with JPMM Platform Services, data science and technology team to enable implementation of personalization, recommendation engines, and machine learning
• Identify relevant data sets to address specific business questions, work with data owners, product managers and technology teams to integrate multiple data sources, and leverage the JPMM big data infrastructure to facilitate data integration strategy
• Build strong business relationships to effectively communicate strategy and developments of the JPMM data ecosystem, promote JPMM Digital Intelligence capabilities to solve business problems, and foster a data-driven business culture across the CIB organization
• Monitor new developments in the data science / business intelligence industry to help the JPMM Digital Intelligence team to be ahead of the curve for the latest technology solutions
• Help JPMM Digital Intelligence team define and execute long term data strategy, consistently with the strategic direction of CIB and the overall JP Morgan organization
• 5+ years with web and/or mobile analytics and technology tools (QlikView, Tableau, Alteryx…)
• 5+ years in the financial services industry
• 2+ years in project/product management
• Strong knowledge of SQL and big data technologies (Hadoop, Impala, Hive, Spark, Cassandra, …)
• Basic knowledge of scripting languages and statistical programs (Python, R)
• Team player with strong leadership skills and ability to build consensus
• Strong business acumen and client service approach to work
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently
• Excellent communications skills and ability to work comfortably with senior level management
• Strong work ethic, self-starter who is creative with a ‘can-do’ attitude
Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work work well under
pressure, with tight deadlines, in a fast-paced environment
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Finance, Computer Science, Statistics, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.