JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent
corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at: http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Backup Operations Lead
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The Global Service Operations (GSO) organization within GTI plays a critical role in providing operational support of enterprise systems that host applications at the core of JPMorgan Chase's business.
The Backup Operations organization within GSO is responsible for all aspects of data backup support including incident and problem management, infrastructure maintenance, restore requests, technology refresh planning and execution, operational risk management and continual service improvement.
This position is responsible for leading a small Team primarily managing our Backup Operations environment; the successful candidate will work in a small dedicated cross platform/cross organizational team with responsibility for maintaining and driving Operational Stability and efficiency of the environment.
- The Backup Operations Lead is the primary contact point for operational activities in the Backup service and support any related activities.
- The function provides 24 x7 coverage.
- The role has customer engagement. Both Customer teams and GTI teams engage Backup Operations via Incident ticket, service request tools, email, instant messaging, and telephone
- The Backup Operations Lead is responsible for planning, execution, monitoring, and completion of all timelines related to Backup Operations, and addressing any incoming backup and restore incident and service request workload to the required SLAs that arise due to Backup related activities.
- Attendance on technical bridges with technology teams to drive resolution of incidents
- Environmental oversight and root cause analysis for stability and reliability issues and timely resolution or escalation
- Data recovery from backups as escalated from customers and peer teams
- Maintain and develop operational support documentation
- Perform scheduled housekeeping activities
- Make on-going improvements to event monitoring in agreement with Level 2/3 teams, CIE, and Engineering.
- Ensure environmental testing and SABRE tests are completed as required
- Track and report service metrics as defined
Manage Key Relationships with:
- Data Centre Operations and Infrastructure Operations
- Business Aligned support functions
- LOB support teams, AD Support teams
- Level 1 / 2 / 3 support personnel
- Other GTI support organizations
- Vendor Level 1 / 2 support engineers, and TAMs/SAMs
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
- Knowledge of NetBackup including the command line environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of TSM is a plus
- Experienced with IBM and STK tape libraries and ACSLS.
- Intermediate knowledge of large scale Enterprise backup solutions
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Windows, Sun Solaris, UNIX, and IBM AIX
- Familiar with storage products - Storage Area Networks (SAN), Enterprise Storage Arrays, and Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Articulates the business value and impact of technical and non-technical information and understands when to escalate issues
- Provides effective production support including accurate problem identification, ticket documentation, and customer/vendor dialogue
- Delivers project and process documentation for small-to medium-scale projects, and drives compliance with structured Project Delivery Process
- Ensures information controls, backup and recovery strategies are in place across all environments
- Must have a strong technology background to understand change requests and to recommend alternate solutions
Specific Storage Administration Expertise:
- 1-3+ years experience with NetBackup v4.5-v7.7.3
- Experience with EMC Data Domain
- Experience with VERITAS Appliances is a plus
- Experience with TSM, including command line experience is a plus
- Typically 3-5+ years experience in distributed storage environments or 3+ years experience in an associated technology (Server, Networks)
- 2-3 years experience with problem resolution in large scale production environment
- 2-3 years experience vendor management
- 2-3 years experience in technical operations
- IT Risk Management best practice experience
- Excellent customer service knowledge
- AIX/Solaris/UNIX & Windows Netbackup Media server problem management experience
- VCS Unix clustered Netbackup Master server problem management experience
- IBM automated tape library & STK silo problem management experience
- Experience with SAN a plus (Cisco/Brocade switches, EMC Clariion or Symmetrix, HDS AMS)
- Experience with NAS a plus (Netapp, EMC Isilon)
- Good understanding of impact and importance of backup/storage services to customers. Sense of urgency around critical issues
- Good positive attitude and helpful approach
- Good spoken and written English
- Ability to communicate clear and concise information in support of team and firm goals
- Timely escalation of critical and/or complex issues as required
- Ability to solve operational issues with both tactical and long-term solutions
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent time management and personal task prioritization
- Good planning skills and ability to deliver on agreed schedules.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.