Enterprise Systems Management (ESM) Engineer - Associate
GSO - Global Services Operations (GSO) is responsible for service support and delivery for JPMorgan Chase's Global
Technology Infrastructure (GTI). Through its Global Service Desk and Infrastructure Operations Centers, GSO provides
global, coordinated diagnostic and support services, while Production Assurance and Support functions leverage and
execute industry-leading infrastructure management and support processes that are designed to minimize customer
outages and impacts.
Key Job Responsibilities (Include but not limited to)
- Provide operational & technical support, be accountable for important tasks such as: incident management, internal customer consultations, security process & controls, resource management, application recovery & code
- Attend and support technical bridge for P1 incident & work on action plans from Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Co-ordinate / manage incident escalation to L3 engineering team.
- Handle operations request queue, resolve requests & provide guidance.
- Implement and coordinate change promotions with L3 engineering team & related parties for change review, resource assignment & schedule.
- Work / coordinate MEPC events & PLM activities; perform failover & fall back for core monitoring applications.
- Develop and document processes, detailing many functions and accountabilities.
- Identify opportunities for business improvement and increased efficiency using metric analysis & own initiative.
- Manage JIRA requests assigned to operations queue. Work with project team for requirement & engineering team for
- Ensure security compliance with JPMC IT control policies applying to core monitoring infrastructure with CSA, RCSA and
associated action plans.
- 5+ years experience in an engineering role and managing monitoring infrastructure preferably in a financial industry.
- Technology proficiency in Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
- Prefer to have experience in one of the follow products: Tivoli ( ITM6, TEPS, Data Warehouse), Netcool
(Omnibus, Webtop, Impact, Probes), SMARTS, Edge, and VCOPS.
- Innovative mindset.
- Automations solutions experience.
- Experience in developing detailed process workflow with automation orientation.
- Experience in developing 'proactive' processes designed to alert/eliminate problems before they escalate to an issue.
- Strong analytical and problem solving, decision making and relationship building skills.
- Good understand of Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management & Risk Management practices.
- Knowledge of the business processes that are supported by the work flow.
- Good experience with Microsoft Office products; Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.