Custody Product Development Manager – Vice President
J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB):
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan Custody & Fund Services:
J.P. Morgan Custody - global leader with $22 trillion in assets under custody, provides Institutional investors access to markets worldwide for the settlement, safekeeping and asset servicing of securities, along with ancillary services such as Foreign Exchange and Liquidity Solutions. J.P. Morgan’s Custody and Fund Services (C&FS) business is comprised of Custody, Accounting, Transfer Agency, Middle Office outsourcing, Foreign Exchange, and other activities related to servicing assets for traditional and alternative funds; it leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 100 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateral management and alternative investment services.
Custody Product Development:
The Custody Product Development team has a specific aim to partner with Business leads, Product Control function and the Service teams to manage and evolve the Custody Product end to end. The team has responsibility for the definition, ownership and growth of core product related matters within Custody across the functional disciplines: Markets Coverage, Positions and Settlements, Asset Servicing, Global Custody Tax and Channel Management. A core component of the team’s responsibilities is to set priorities and execute on tactical change and strategic product roadmap.
The Product Development VP Role forms part of the wider CFS product development function focusing on the Requirements for the Asset Servicing Custody system BaNCS. The role entails working closely with global and regional functional partners in Operations, Technical Services and the Vendor TCS to ensure both process and product capabilities meet high quality standards.
Key Role & Responsibilities:
- Product subject matter expert in Custody with a primary focus upon Asset Servicing
- Tactical and/or strategic Custody solutions through the full project life cycle that may be linked to the Investment Initiative programmes
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of existing product capabilities and influence the product design and solutions for new opportunities
- Key input into the business benefits of any proposals to build out capabilities to enhance the client experience
- Construct detailed current and end-state process maps/process flows and Requirements documents as required and present to key stake-holders
- Ensuring project disciplines are followed and provide leadership and guidance to junior staff
- Working with functional partners including: Technical teams, Network Management and global Operational areas to deliver Requirements using agreed templates
- Timely escalation to Lead AS SME and Programme Manager of project risks and issues
- Working with Lead AS SME, Programme Manager and stakeholders to ensure effective resource allocation in line with programme priorities
- Work with Stakeholders and Partners to review the Solution from TCS and Partners ensuring that the solution meets the intended requirement.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Asset servicing processes, Tax, Positions and Settlement market knowledge would be advantageous
- Demonstrate Change Management experience
- Demonstrate Ownership and Accountability for Project Deliverables
- Strong Risk, Control and Quality Assurance Awareness
- Should have the ability to be a strategic thinker with the ability to review and implement business process improvements
- Should be a results driven individual with a proven track record
- Have excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships both internally and with external clients/Vendor
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, problem solving, good critical thinking and decision-making skills based upon fact and business/industry knowledge
- Experience working across multiple business areas and/or functions to deliver results
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Experience in working in a Custody environment in an Operations, Client Service or Business Analysis role
- Ability to work independently and multitask in a fast paced environment whilst taking ownership for key phased deliveries